JWS Chapter 15

[A/N OK... so I guess this was late.... very late. But hey - we didn't recieve a lot of votes, either! :(

ANYWAYS~  This is your x-mas present, Alice (iluvtwilight888)

MERRY X-MAS EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~ ] 

Chapter 15 - The beast inside

Alice POV

I refused. I simply refused to drag myself into that thing.

"Alice, stop being so damn stubborn!" Emmett said, standing, together with Carlisle, Esme Rose and Felix, at the side of my bed. His arms were crossed, just like mine, and we were looking each other in the eye angrily. "Get in the chair!"

"I won't drag myself into a chair on wheels, thank you very much. I'm a god damned vampire, no fragile human grandma!" Carlisle sighed.

"Alright. Enough you two. This discussion isn't going anywhere. I'll call Jasper." Emmett and I shot eachother one more look before he went back to Rose, wrapping his arms around her waist. A pang of jealousy shot through my whole being, and I clenched my teeth. You'll hear his voice, Alice, and if you wanted to see him you shouldn't have gotten yourself poisoned. Simple as that, just hold on a little longer 'till he's back.

"Alice?" Jasper's worried voice asked for me on the other side of the telephone. I was momentarily stunned by his voice, but when it rang out again I was slapped back to reality. "Alice, what's wrong? Answer me, please."

"Don't worry, Jazz, nothing's wrong. Chillax."

"But Alice, calls where only for emergencies! You gave me a heart-attack!"

"That's impossible. And also, this IS an emergency. Carlisle is trying to push me in a wheelchair to go to a secret location. And, because Jacob is coming, my vision is blocked and I can't even see WHERE we're going. Damnit!"

"This is your emergency?" Jasper asked in a dry tone. "Get in the wheelchair, Alice." He sounded serious, but I'm sure he was secretly laughing his ass off at me from the inside. I stomped my foot on the mattress, unable to believe he chose their side. I chose to change the subject.

"How are things over there?" I asked softly.

"OK, I guess. I spend most of my days traveling and missing you." I don't know why that made me smile, while Jasper was hurting, but it did. "I've already visited 3 Indian tribes, all of them aware of the existence of us. Vampires, I mean. The first bunch of inhabitants thought I was the devil and almost set me on fire," I gasped.

"Jasper, how could you be so reckless!" 

"What about this. I won't be reckless anymore if you get in the weelchair."

"But Jahaazzzz"

"Get in the wheelchair, Allie."  

"Fine." I threw Carlisle's expensive mobile phone to the other side of my room, and he caught it just before it hit the ground. "Fine. Emmett, get me in the fucking chair." He laughed as he lifted me up easily.

"You won't regret your decision, little sis." He gave me a goofy smile as he let me sink into the damned human invention. We, Emmett, Rose, Felix and I, drove in Emmett's jeep. Carlisle and Esme went in Carlisle car.

"Just tell me where we're gooiiiinngggg." I whined, clinging to Felix' arm. Emmett and Rose were very into their conversation, which, judging by Felix's murmurs of protest, was about some very personal stuff. I was surprised. And I wasn't surprised about Emmett and Rose's choice of topic, I think we all know it's regular by now. What surprised me was the fact that Felix could hear Rose's and Emmett's voices, and I couldn't. I was worried about my own well-being instead of others, for the first time in ages. Normally, my vision would tell me when something would go wrong with whomever, but this time my vision wasn't there (thank you, Jacob), and things were happening to me that absolutely shouldn't be happening. I snuggled close to Felix, resting my head on his lap, and felt him tense underneath me.