JWS Chapter 9

[A/N We managed to post another chapter before I went abroad, yay!]

Chapter 9 - Don't die!

Carlisle POV

I prepared for the worst as I pressed the answer button on my phone. I swore my hand was trembling as I did so, but that, of course was impossible. 

"Alice?"  I asked, too low for the Slugs idiot to hear.

"Carlisle! I had a vision! I know the medicine, there is a cure." Instead of the panicky voice I was waiting for, I was greeted with a happy Alice, who sounded more excited than she had in a long time. My face lit up visibly and Slugidiot looked at me, a weird look painted on his face. My wicked grin was wiped of my face at a sudden gurgling sound coming from Alice. A muffled scream. 

"Alice!" I shouted, the phone trembling in my hard grasp. " Don't leave me Alice, come on!" By this point Slugs was looking at me in a concerned manner. I heard gasping and rattling sounds. I heard scratching, the sounds of thunder. The sound of limbs being torn off. My phone fell from my hand as I heard Alice scream. A loud 'Don't you run away, I want you DEAD!' from Jasper. I walked to Mr Slugs, my hand around his tie before I knew it. "Not  a word bout anything, from anyone." I whispered in a treathening voice. Small droplets of sweat came from his hairline. 

"Or.. Prepare to die" A low growl escaped my lips, coming from deep in my chest and coming out loud and scary. I was surprised by my own behaviour, but didn't care enough to change it. 

The run home couldn't have gone slower in my opinion. The sight I was met with was terrifying. Or atleast, it was to a dad who walked in on two of his kids. Mind you, his 80 years old kids. My breath catched in my throat. It wasn't that they were dead. It wasn't that they were wounded. It was the sadness surrounding them. The whole scene seemed to come out of the ending of a bad horror movie. Except for the blood, which was missing completely. I only needed a second to regain my senses and take action. 

"Jasper, what the ... What happened to your arm?" I asked Jasper, looking at his... well looking at where is arm should be. He shook his head, not looking up.

"What does it even matter anymore?" Jasper croaked out. He looked up at me, his hair messed up as if he.. he'd been in a fight, which was probably the case.

"Why, What happened?" He moved away, beckoning me closer. And I saw Alice. Her mouth was slightly opened, eyes tightly shut. I wasn't sure what to say. "Don't you go telling me she's dead. I mean, for real." I choked out, a lump rising in my throat. Was the Slugs guy right? Was I really not able to safe her? Jasper grinned. I mean, the maniac grin you see when people are totally defeated. Then his grin faltered.

"I don't know, doc, I'm really not sure. Why don't you check it?" Jasper seemed to have really gone mad. Somehow it scared me. The almost dead mode Edward went in after 100 years of lonliness was bad. But a Jasper gone mad was way worse. I did take his request seriously, though. After sending him a curious glance, I crouched down next to Alices small figure. I wasn't sure where to begin. I was afraid I'd loose my control in fear, and collapse right in front of Jasper. Yes, Carlisle, I said to myself, That would help a big deal! I shook my head to rid my head of thoughts unrelated to me saving Alice. I didn't have a clue as to how her body worked anymore. 

"Jasper. You have to tell me what happened. It's crucial information!" I tried shaking Jasper's shoulders for him to regain some senses. He shudered a bit as he though back to what had happened. 

~~**Jasper POV Flashback**~~

I told Felix to come with me, but he said he wanted to hunt first in case he would try hurting Alice. After he said that I agreed immediately, of course. When I was close to home I immediately sensed something was wrong. I smelled someone else. Someone, a vampire judging by the sweet scent, had ran here. Had ran straight to our house. I wasn't all too worried though, because my family members were there. Or atleast, that's what I hoped. I hadn't come across any of their scents yet, so I hoped they weren't out hunting or anything. But as I came closer and closer, I started feeling Alices emotions, and panicked slightly when I felt fear. It was only natural to be fearful if your life is on the line, right? It wasn't like some creeper as at our house, right? RIGHT? Then I heard her muffled scream. Muffled, but not too muffled for my vampire ears. I rushed trough the door, managing to not destroy it. 

"Alice!" I shouted, watching her limp body laying on the ground, an unfamilar figure crouched next to her. He turned around, red eyes penetrating mine. He was completely alien to me, and yet here he was, hurting my Alice. It wasn't even fucking possible! "You motherfucker, get away from her!" I whispered threatingly, my voice showing all my emotions. I jumped on him, but only managed to grab an arm as he flew away. I wasn't strog anough to tear it off as he was trying to suffocate me. "Die!" I choked out. Even though we didn't require breathing, talking did require air, s talking got harder.

"Not today." His deep voice reminded me of Aro. He tore off my arm and a searing pain hit me. I clenched my teeth together and he let me go, running trough, literally trough the wall.

"Don't you run away, I want you DEAD!" I screamed after him. On top of all that, one of Esme's vases fell on top of my head. Motherfucking day..

~~**End of flashback**~~ (back to CPOV)

"So, you don't know what he did to her?" I asked Jasper, ignoring the whimpers he let out as I tried reattaching his arm. I glanced at Alice. She couldn't be dead. Just saying, but what could that guy have done to her, really?

"No-AAah.... That hurt." Jasper whimpered. But then, suddenly sounds. The return of our family.

"Wait a second!" I jumped up. In all the chaos I had forgotten why my family was gone. "Weren't they out to find you and Felix after a vision or something?" I ased, recalling wat Rose had said. 

"I have no idea, pops." Jasper shrugged and moved his arm a bit, statisfied with how I'd gotten it back. "Thanks." He smiled, his hand touching a few spots on his shoulder. Since the silence wasn't all that comfortable, I decided concentrating on the return of the rest. But something was off. I counted the footsteps. I heard Bella's, Emmett's, Roses. Followed by Esme. But then it stopped. No.. No Edward.

"Where is Edward?" I asked as soon as Esme flew trough the door, embracing me and looking slightly worried about all the broken vases. Emmett and Rosalie came in, and my question was answered when Bella came in, dragging a limp Edward by his feet. While everyone seemed to be oggling the scene and Jasper started explaining the whole thing again, I had gone to a stressed out Bella and a seeminly dead Edward. He wasn't dead though, 'cause as long as they aren't affected by a weird illness like Alice, our species only die when they are set on fire.

"Bella, what has happened?"  I asked alarmed as I watched her stroke the cheek of her husband softly.

"I could be asking you the same question!" She remarked, gesturing to the broken vases, the completely broken wall, Alice laying on the ground... She then looked down for a second, her face covered by her long brown hair. As she realized I asn't going to explain the story yet, she continued. "We split up to search for Felix and Jasper. Then suddenly Edward shouted he had come across a unfamilar smell of a vampire we hadn't met before. But as we all came together to investigate, we found Edward collapsed on the ground. He was cholding this." She bit her lip nervously, but before she could hand me the paper, Emmett grabbed it from her hand.

"Cool, what is this?" Emmett asked eagerly. I watched in slomotion as his hand rosed further and further towards his nose, but was quick enough to slap his hand away.

"Don't." I said sternly, snatching the tissue from his hand. "If this is what drugged Edward, you shouldn't be smelling it. That's probably what he did, too." I knew my three sons better than anyone, except maybe their mates. 

Very small footsteps made everyone turn around in an instant. 

"Dad.."  Renesmee whispered, looking at Edward. 5 Vampires immediately started talking, soothing, explaing. I held my mouth shut tight as I watched how Renesmee wouldn't have any of it. She sat down next to Edward, her lips brushing over his cheek. " D-Don't die!" She wailed before collapsing on top of him.. Oh dear God!

[A/N Yes, two chapters in two days, even though Chiara and I are both leaving tomorrow! BE PROUDDDD~~~~ See y'all when we return :)!]