I'm Fine

Authors' Note: Don't play music until I tell you to.

~(^.^)~

Chapter 5-You are not fine!

Narrator's P.O.V

Natsu was going to help Lucy, even if she didn't want it. Today he was going to tell her that he would help her because she deserves to be helped. He wanted her to be happy.

  Lucy was going to help Natsu then introduce Natsu to Lisanna. It made her heart hurt a little when she decided this, but she was doing this for Natsu not her. She thought that if Natsu and Lisanna met then they would fall in love and be happy. He just wanted him to be happy.

  Natsu and Lucy wanted the same thing for each other, they wanted the other to be happy. They both knew that helping each other wouldn't be easy, especially in Lucy's case because she wouldn't accept the help from him.

  Lucy had never felt this deeply about helping someone. She had never wanted to help someone so bad, maybe it was because she had a feeling he knew about her pain or maybe because he reminded her of a puppy that's been hit to many times. Deep down the real reason was because she had a tiny crush on him, but it was only a little one, she didn't even know about it herself.

  Natsu felt the same way. He had never wanted to get close to anyone because when he tried they just stabbed him right in the back, but Lucy was different. She knew pain, she knew what it felt like to have someone build you up then knock you down. Lucy reminded him of a cat, she was scared, but she was fierce. He wondered what would happen after she helped him.

Lucy's P.O.V
I walked to school like normal and I went to class early because I didn't want to hang out with anybody. When I got to the class room Natsu and a few other students were in the classroom waiting for class to start.

I sat down in my seat next to Natsu and noticed he was zoned out, he was deep in thought as he was staring out the window. I also noticed there was a note on my desk with my name written on top. I opened the note and it read: (PLAY MUSIC)
Dear Lucy,
I want you to meet me on the rooftop at lunch time. I have something I want to discuss with you. I am writing this in a letter because I am too shy to say this to your face, please don't take it personally. I actually really enjoy talking to you. (This part made Lucy blush) I want you to hear me out before you deny anything.
From, Natsu.
I was shocked by this letter and by the time I snapped out of it the bell had rang and the teacher walked in.

Natsu's P.O.V
I had been thinking about the note I left on Lucy's desk and I was kind of regretting it, but it is too late now. I saw out of the corner of my eye that she had already read it, so I can't do anything about it.

~Time skip~

Narrator's P.O.V
Natsu went up to the roof to meet Lucy there. He was surprised to find out that she was already up there. Natsu and Lucy were trying to mentally prepare themselves for what was about to happen. "Lucy, I asked you to meet me here for a reason." Natsu said kind of shyly.

"Well I kinda figured that much out silly." Lucy smiled and giggled, but it didn't reach her eyes .

"U-uh well the reason I asked you to meet me here was s-so I could h-help you." Natsu stuttered over his words.

"Help me with what? I don't have any problems. I am perfectly fine." she said and she once again smiled that smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"I know you are lying. I can see it in your eyes. You are hurt and I can see that." he told her a little stronger this time.

"I don't know what you are talking about. You don't need to worry about me, I am here to help you. You aren't supposed to help me. I'm fine." she smiled again trying to fight the pain and tears from coming to her eyes, but he could see it. He lost it.

"Why?!? Why are you doing this to yourself?!? When you are clearly not fine! You are not fine! I can see that, so why are you pushing me away? I want to help you because you don't deserve to feel pain, you deserve to be happy." Natsu half yells at her.

"N-natsu......I don't deserve to be happy! I deserve to suffer, but I can't watch people be put through the same pain as me. I want to help you, I don't care about myself." Lucy cried out as she fell to her knees.

Natsu rushed over to her and comforted her. "You deserve happiness as much as anyone in the world. How many people have you helped Lucy? How many people were absorbed in their own problems that they never noticed the pain you held in your eyes?"

"I-I don't know, maybe 15 or more. I've lost count."

"Lucy you need to help yourself before you can help others!" Natsu didn't hear anything back because she had cried herself to sleep. He didn't want to wake her, so he picked her up and carried her over to a wall and leaned on it then put her hard in his lap.

He doesn't know why, but he feels the need to protect her. He wants her to be happy, he doesn't want to see her tears and most importantly he wants her to love herself.
..................................................
Authors' Note:
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I have been really busy. I also wanted to let you know that this will be the last chapter because I am out of the Fairy Tail fandom. It was a hard decision to make, but I just can't seem to find the fun in writing this.

Just kidding 😂 I will never be out of the Fairy Tail fandom for as long as I live!! Sorry if I scared you! I love writing this story, I just really haven't had the time to update!

~Peace, love and buttercups! ❤️