Chapter 50 - No Pain No Gain

Start from the beginning

However, I have respected his decisions so far and tried not to press him too much, but he really has no idea how much I fume inside whenever I hear Richard talk to him with a smitten voice or when I catch him eyeing my boy's ass from the other side of the kitchen.

In January, I even considered firing the chef, but I didn't and would never do that. For one, he is an excellent cook who perfectly manages the kitchen, and after the fiasco with Sanchez, I don't want to look for a new one. Then, it wouldn't be professional at all. I can't let my private life interfere with my business or my personal emotions rule the way I run an establishment; I just can't fire a brilliant employee because he wants into the pants of a beautiful boy without knowing that said boy is mine.

Hopefully things should quiet down soon. Indeed, Alex recently told him that he's in a serious relationship at the moment and Richard seems to be taking some distance. Well, he'd better, or I'll have to find better reasons and convince Alex to break our secret. Meanwhile, I'll just keep an eye on the situation.

The cab hasn't made much progress over the last five minutes and I can't help a sigh of frustration as I send another text to Shannon to let him know I'm stuck in traffic. All the angry emojis he sends me still make me smile. Shannon and patience are just two incompatible concepts.

My chirpy boy is getting better at reigning in his natural impatience and boisterousness, but he still slips sometimes. Often. He has come to hate the paddle when it doesn't aim at pleasure spanking and I believe he knows by heart all the patterns of the paint on the walls in the living room from corner times. Well, at least he gets to understand some of the points I make. Since his mistakes are rarely voluntary, I usually keep his punishments light, but he takes his sweet time to learn his lessons. I guess he's just a magnet for problems and it's just in his temper to defy authority once in a while.

This reminds of how he tried to play with his boss a few weeks ago. And how he lost. Aaron had assigned him some chore in the stockroom, and although he hates it, it's still part of his job. Shan botched and a full shelf of supplies broke, causing quite a lot of damage. When Aaron told me that evening, I was super pissed at my boy for messing up, but as the Master Dom said, it wasn't my role to interfere at Shan's workplace, and I let him deal with this. My friend didn't end up being severe, but Shannon absolutely hated having to be at the Diamond at 8am on the following Monday to clean up the mess and repair the shelves.

The traffic is so slow that I wonder if I shouldn't hop off the cab and walk the rest, but the heavy rain pouring down dampens my courage. It makes me think that the next time we visit my parents, it will be in Sunny Florida. Not that I particularly enjoy the heat or the sun – otherwise, I might not have followed Aaron to the north – but I hate rain with a passion, even more than snow and freezing temperatures.

Anyway, my parents are moving at the end of the month into their new house north east of Orlando and I'm really happy for them. My father's surgery was a total success and he has now fully recovered from his heart attack. They were even able to fly to Chicago earlier this month and spend a few days with us. As much as my Dad finds the Windy City too big, my mother loves it, so she enjoyed herself greatly with the boys. On my side, I had fun watching the boys squirm with their horniness because we had to keep sex down for three days, and it was much easier for me and my self-control than for them.

Now that my parents have sold their restaurant and apartment in Collingswood, living in Florida as retired people will be a big change for them. Dad has already planned to work in associations related to cooking and tried his hand at writing a book of recipes and tips. I don't know if he will ever publish it or even achieve his project, but it's keeping him busy. Mom finally has time to dedicate herself to her passion for books, so she spends her time reading and reading, and she also delves into her new obsession: keeping her beloved husband healthy by dragging him out for long walks and making sure he eats healthily. I'm sure they'll enjoy themselves in Florida. My aunt already lives there and both sisters can't wait to spend more time together.