Chapter Seventy Five

En başından başla

When Zayn gets to Liam's office he takes a minute to just watch the older man, he's sitting at his desk typing something quickly on his laptop, Zayn bites his lip, before tapping his knuckles against the open door. Liam looks up and smiles at him, it's Zayn's favourite smile, a real one where his eyes crinkle and he just looks so good, "what's up?" Liam asks. Zayn shakes his head quickly, "um your mum is here" he mumbles and Liam grins, "alright. Just give me a minute to finish this and I'll come down, so we can talk to her" he says. Zayn nods but doesn't leave the doorway, instead chooses to wait for Liam to finish, which only takes him about thirty seconds, before he approaches Zayn. "You okay?" Liam asks, concern lacing his voice and Zayn nods, "yeah I'm fine" he murmurs, and Liam nods, tangling their fingers together to lead Zayn towards the living room where they can hear Bella, Karen and Aurora, doing something. When they get to the living room, Zayn can't help but laugh as he takes in the scene, Karen and the puppy are both wearing tiaras, although Aurora is trying to knock hers off her head to chew it, while Bella twirls around in a skirt, while waving a wand. "I'm a princess" Karen smirks when she sees the two men, and Liam and Zayn both chuckle, before coming further into the room.

Zayn goes over to Bella crouching down to be at her level, "hey, can you come with me for a minute, please?" Zayn asks. Bella gives him a confused look before shaking her head, no, "Baba, I playing she whines, Zayn smiles lightly "I know and you can play again in a minute, I just need your help with something, really important" he murmurs. Bella bites her lip before she sighs and nods, dropping her wand and turning to Karen where Liam is now sitting beside her, a knowing smile on his face. "Don't leave Grandma. I be right back" Bella instructs, Karen nods her head, "I'm not going anywhere" she laughs and Bella nods satisfied, turning back to Zayn, reaching to be picked up. Zayn complies, scooping her into his arms, "we'll be right back" he excuses them before leaving and heading up to his and Liam's room. Zayn sets Bella down on the bed and she tilts her head to the side as she watches him, "what doing?" she asks and Zayn chuckles pulling a small bag from one of his dresser drawers, before pulling out the light pink t-shirt, that says 'Big Sister' in large, sparkly, purple letters. He'd bought the shirt after work on Monday, after knowing that it was in fact the case, "I need you to put this on for me, please?" he asks turning to Bella who pouts, "but Baba, Dora" she whines, pulling on the shirt she's already wearing. "I know Love. But this is special to help Baba and Daddy tell Grandma that you're going to be the best big sister in the whole world" Zayn explains. Bella narrows her eyes at him suspiciously before she sighs nodding her head, Zayn chuckles "thank you" he murmurs, pressing a kiss to her cheek before swapping her shirts.

Zayn makes sure he's carrying Bella so the words on the shirt are completely pressed against his chest, when he re-enters the living room, he nods at Liam to let him know they're ready. Zayn watches as Liam takes a deep breath before he speaks slowly, "Mum, we have something to tell you" Liam starts and Karen furrows her eyebrows, "is everything alright?" she asks concerned. "Go see Grandma" Zayn murmurs setting Bella down on her feet, he can tell she's confused but thankfully the three year old just moves so she's standing in front of Karen, while Liam chews harshly on his bottom lip. Zayn can tell the exact moment that Karen processes the words she's seeing on Bella's torso, because her eyes widen, before her hand flies up to cover her mouth, "you mean...?" she trails off turning to Liam. Liam smiles nodding slowly, "we found out last week, Zayn's sister, Doniya she's carrying our baby" he murmurs, and Zayn can tell he's close to tears as well. Karen doesn't say anything else, just reaches over to pull Liam into a hug, Zayn can hear them both murmuring but not what they're actually saying. "Bella go play?" Bella asks suddenly, startling Zayn before he nods, "yeah of course Love. Thank you" Zayn smiles before the girl runs off again. Karen is suddenly in front of him, pulling Zayn into a crushing hug, "congratulations" she hums and Zayn smiles, "thank you" he mumbles, wrapping his arms a little more tightly around the woman.

Once everyone has settled down again Zayn let's Liam pull him down onto the couch, "tell me everything, I didn't even know you two were trying to have another one yet" Karen rushes and Zayn laughs lightly. "We've been talking about it for awhile Mum. Just decided it was time" Liam explains and Karen nods "but what about the wedding?" she asks carefully. Zayn just shrugs,because really he figures they'll just postpone it a little more. "It's still going to happen, I haven't really talked to this one about it, but I was hoping we could do it before the baby gets here" Liam says and Zayn's eyes widen, "you want to get married in the next seven months?" Zayn asks slowly, turning a little to see Liam, who nods carefully. Zayn then grins wrapping his arms tightly around Liam, "so I take it you're okay with that?" Liam chuckles and Zayn just nods against his neck in response, because he doesn't think he can form actual words right now, even if he tried.

They spend another twenty minutes talking to Karen before Liam stands up and pulls Zayn up with him, "alright Mum, we'll be back before midnight, you know the drill I'm sure" Liam says, and Karen laughs nodding her head. Zayn furrows his eyebrows he's confused and it shows, "Liam, we're leaving now? It's like four o'clock" he exclaims. Liam just laughs, nodding his head "I know, but remember you agreed to no questions" he reminds Zayn. Zayn pouts, crossing his arms, but he decides not to say anything else, because all he can think up are questions, that he knows Liam won't answer anyways. "Bella, come say goodbye, apparently Daddy and I are leaving" Zayn calls out instead, Liam sends him a wary look that Zayn ignores, deciding to let him squirm a few minutes longer, as Arabella comes flying into his arms "come back?" she mumbles and Zayn nods, "of course Bug" he murmurs, Bella nods, and pulls away to press a kiss to his cheek, before jumping into Liam's arms and doing the same, Zayn notices Bella makes him promise to come back as well, which Liam does quickly, before Bella runs over to Karen, climbing onto her lap. Zayn lets Liam tug him out of the apartment after that, he still hasn't really said anything to him, since Liam's abrupt announcement that they were leaving.