THE BIG BANG

Assalam alaikum , Hallo everyone ! I am so honoured and privileged that over 300 viewed the book . This is so emotional . Thanks to HisMuslimMonalissa I dug out my dream and hidden hobby of writing . Here's the next chapter !

-------------------------------------------------------------

My life hadn't been busier . From my brief wedding proposal to the arrival of my father .

I made myself a cup of cappuccino coffee and strolled down the corridor to the back garden . It was quiet and peaceful , and no one would guess I was there . I needed that alone time to verify my thoughts .

I'm getting married tomorrow I thought to myself as I sipped a bit of coffee .

I sighed to relieve the burden of congested emotions that clogged my chest . I never realised that one's life could have an immediate turn . All my plans were vigorously smashed in face and I couldn't oppose . But I would do absolutely anything for Ummy to grant me her blessings .

Stirred in my thoughts , I felt a cold slither on my feet . I jumped off the bench and snapped into reality .

"Good morning sweety , fajr ! And guess what day it is !" Maysarah shouted .

What the hell is going on ? I questioned myself .

Wasn't I in the garden? I tried to confirm biting my lower lip .

"What's wrong Maryam ? Did you dream about Munir? Woooo ... its your wedding ! Its your wedding day !" she began singing out loud .

"What time is it ? " I asked .

"Duh! Its 5:00 a.m , and stand up little bride " Maysarah said as she pulled me out of the bed .

"You know a bride doesn't bath with regular water ! Go and see what you'll bath with . And girl scrub yourself good because tonight ..." Maysarah joked again as she passed on winks not completing her words.

Maysarah would turn any bad situation into a live joke . That's probably why I chose her to be my maid of honour . Aside from being my cousin she was a best friend too , after the Lorraine tragedy .

I stepped into the bathroom and was completely breath taken with what laid before me . The bath tub was full of water and roses . The soap on the soap dish was glimmering , it was one of its kind . The smell captivated my inner soul that I took a minute just to smell the air . I slid down my night gown and inner garments and slowly raised my right foot into the tub . Wow! The water was perfectly warm and I couldn't resist . I slowly sank in the water .

The bath took quite a while , If it were up to me I would stay in forever !

After the bath , I took a quick shower then wrapped the towel around me . I brushed my teeth , took wudhu then sprang out to my room . The waqt for swalah was passing by and i quickly made my fajr . I didn't want to miss the morning glory . After my prayers Maysarah came in .

"Girl! your nikkah is in 3 hours and its now 6:00 a.m !" She blubbered .

I quickly put on my thawb and wrapped a scarf around my head . A little lip gloss helped as I and Maysarah ran down the hallway , heading outside . We had to go to the hotel where my mom and other close relatives were . At the hotel all the bridal preparations were to take place .

It took a 20 minute drive to the hotel . My Ummy was extremely excited . She kissed me on my temple as well as Maysarah .

"Sweety I hope you didn't stay up last night ," Ummy asked jovially .

"No Ummy, " I replied as a smile curved out.

We walked in the hotel to room 007 . Seven had been my lucky number since childhood . Walking in the room I widely smiled . I saw some of my family members . I kissed each one good morning .

Everyone was congratulating me , handing me gifts . I was so humbled and immiedately began crying . They all pampered  and calmed me down . We all then sat in a group and made some duas for the day .

The make up artist and hair stylist were eagerly waiting to fix me . I humbly sat as they began doing their job . I strictly emphasised on light makeup but dashing hair . In an hour they were done and I couldn't wait to see myself . Everyone gasped in surprise on seeing me .

"MashaaAllah Habibty ! MashaaAllah !" They proudly complimented my beauty . I resisted not their compliments and blushed . They were all dressed beautifully too. Ummy came in the room glamourously dressed too with my nikkah gown on her hand ! It was amazing .

I slipped into the gown as the others helped me string in the dress . My hair stylist patiently fixed my hijaab and in approximately an hour and a half I was good to go . But I hadn't seen myself yet !

I slowly turned to mirror to see myself . MashaaAllah I praised myself to how I looked . A drop of tear drizzled down . Maysarah quickly wiped it away .

"Keep it together Maryam ! Make up is expensive !" Maysarah again joked .
I giggled then patted her as I smiled . She looked at me and nodded her head , "I'm proud of you girl!"

"Let's go ! Let's go !" Ummy shouted impatiently .

We hurriedly went out and went in my bridal car . Maysarah and Ummy came with me too , as the others drove with their cars .

My heart  fastly pounded as I tried  imagining  how Munir would look like . Soon afterwards we arrived at the venue . Guests had already arrived due to the fleet of cars parked . Maysarah , my Ummy , Abby and I slowly walked to the grand entrance and off went the best nasheed ever 'Barakallah' . I slowly walked down the aisle as Munir was on the other end . I looked up and when I saw him I began smiling .

Did I start loving him?  I don't know.

I finally arrived and he smoothly took my hand from my father's arm . A cool shiver went through my body . We both sat down .
The kadhi began with a short religious sermon on marriage and thereafter began the wedding vow:-

"Munir Mohammad  Do you accept taking Maryam bint Hanief as your wife to your agreed dowry ? "

"Naam " He replied .

The question was repeated thrice and he accepted .
Now it was my turn . My body was shaking . I couldnt stop blinking .

"Maryam hint Hanief do you accept Munir Mohammad as you husband to your agreed dowry?"

I remained silent as I continuously blushed .

Silence meant acceptance of the marriage .

Everyone applauded "Takbir !"

Munir and I signed the marriage certificate as well as the four witnesses :- my father , maternal uncle and two paternal uncles .

The celebrations continued , everyone enjoyed and was happy . Munir wouldn't stop staring at me , which made me blush the whole day . Afterwards I changed into another gown , went to the gardens took pictures and the day was done !

You know what it meant ! ?

I was scared !!!!

There goes the chapter.

Sorry guys , I know this chapter got a bit boring .

But I promise next chapter will be perfect .

Enjoy the chapter !! xxxx