SOFT ON ME

I'm so excited , over 150 views . This is a tremendous journey . I thank Allah and you all . Keep reading and leave your thoughts in the comment box. Vote!!! Thanks Again .

*****--------*******---------*******----------*****

Days past by as I was frequently in my room , neatly arranging my belongings or sitting on the bed chatting and going through marriage blogs. Now more than ever I was very alone . Lorraine is gone , no crazy happenings . High school was done and I had no where to go and if I had to it wouldn't have been fun .

I couldn't go to university until the marriage took place . More than ever I wanted the marriage to happen as soon as possible . Ummy never paused on the arrangement of the wedding . Every time I saw her she would be on her phone confirming a venue or a dress . It was pretty hectic !

I was seated on the couch watching a reality show , when Ummy sat beside me filled with excitement .

"So Maryam , you know you can't walk down the aisle with that," she pointed at me sarcastically "we need to go and shop for your wedding dress !" She shouted in joy .

"Ummy not today ... I'm not feeling well" I replied as I gazed back on the television.

She gave me a hawk eye !, I didn't dare to sit more long rather I grabbed my green slim bag and rushed out to the car .

"By the way Munir is paying for the dress !" Ummy notified me.

Good I thought to myself .

Wedding gowns were freaking expensive and the thought of using my savings killed me . We stepped in the shop , my mother ready to choose . I was really not in the mood , I gazed around seeing all the white fluffy dresses around . It made me sick . I grabbed a chair and took my phone out . I was busy reading blogs until I was interrupted .

"Look at this darling !" Ummy exclaimed as tears dropped her lovely hazelnut eyes . I put my phone away and stared at the dress . It was a fluffy white gown with long lace sleeves full of glittering embroidery flowing down to the waist , the hijab was amazing as it had dangling jewellery pieces at the front . It was bea-u-ti-ful

"Let me try this," I demanded .

I quickly skipped to the dressing room and put it on. The sight of me on the mirror made my blood flow faster . My heart skipped a beat as the tear glands began manufacturing . I cried! I could not believe it myself . I felt like a bride for the first time and this time I was fully assured that I was getting married .

I walked out for my mother to see the dress on me . She couldn't resist and began weeping .

"Darling , in two weeks you'll be the queen " Ummy said sadly .

"Two weeks? Ummy I thought it was a month still!" I answered back .

My mother nodded in support of her statement . I was shocked ! In two weeks I will be Mrs Mohammed . Munir's Surname was Mohammed .

I looked back into the mirror and smothered my heart . The attendant took my hand and led me back to the room . I undressed and dressed back to my normals . We headed to the cashier to pay for the dress .

"Allah blessed me with you , and now I am thankful to Allah for having you as my daughter !" My mother warmly kissed my forehead as she smiled . I looked at her smiling too . It was the first time my mother was so soft on me . It really meant a lot to her . I began realising that per harps she knows what is best for me .