360 DEGREE CHANGE

A blessing was filled in my parents' life . Never ending joy spiralled in every corner of the house . No moment seemed to be dull , and if there was , then the little "Maryam" was fast asleep , tired of making a mess and hiding in the kitchen cupboards .

Who would have known that nine months of sleepless nights and everlasting pain would bring , endless love and compassion ?

My parents worked their bodies out to provide and care for me . I was a baby and I could remember nothing at the time , but looking back at the photographs taken , I was one big child , chubby cheeks , curly hair always tied in tiny little four buns on the head . Pink seemed to be the best colour that suited my warm chocolate complexion and my feet were always covered if not in socks  , then it was covered in tiny ribboned shoes . I was smiling through every moment and the stare that my parents always had for me was one in a million , full of mercy and love .

Life passed by so quick , I grew tall and very outspoken . I was the seven year old  who would prefer playing in the park full of friends , flowers , trees and birds I would never seem to catch no matter how fast I tried to run after them , than stay at home .

Like no other day my mother calls me in the house , if not at four in the evening then half past four .

"Maryam! Maryam! Time to get in ! "  

I ran in as fast as I could but this time because my ummy's voice did not sound as normal . It was shaky and she had a veil on her face . It was not normal for me not to see her face covered , so worry overpowered me .

"Maryam we are moving  ." She softly cried out .

That statement was very ubnormal . I was just from school , expecting to do my homework after playing , how can we move ?

"But why Ummy ?" I quickly asked .

Every statement made to me had to have an explanation , and clearly this one was not an exception .

"Stop asking questions and go in !" Ummy shouted .

Never have I ever seen this side of my mother . Not trying to see more of her stern side , I quietly and slowly walked in waiting to be told what to do next .

As I walked in , my mother hurriedly grabbed me out and instructed me to go to the car . She quickly went in the house , and when I saw her coming out , she had with her a few suitcases . It was clear I was not going to see this place for quite sometime or atleast forever .

" Maryam , everything that happens in life is for a reason and whatever happens , life has to go on ." Ummy said as she opened the car , placed me in , seat belted me and shut the door .

I was perplexed ! I had no idea what she really meant , but the words for sure  played in mind as we drove out of the compound .

I did not see Abee ! I did not say goodbye to Abee ! 

I had no slight idea where we were heading to but ...

"I'm a child still , no need to worry . Ummy knows what she's doing ! " .

At seven years of age would you really question much ? Probably you would not even dare to care ...

Not very long we arrived at a new environment . A tall building with huge walls enclosing it with a black gate filling a ninety degree gap between the walls . It was all just amazing to my eyes . The gates slid open and a man in a blue attire approached us , and between him and Ummy were some questions I did not care to listen and soon after a few seconds we were driving in !

There was a mini park inside ! Children running and swinging around . Dogs were barking and happily running as the elders were seated in a corner not far from the children talking and laughing and as soon as we stepped out of the car , all eyes were on us  . It was whole new atmosphere I never set my eyes on .

" Hello, I am Lorraine," I heard a whisper im my ear .

I  startled as I turned around , only to see a cute slender girl , same complexion as mine just a little darker , with braid hanging over her shoulders , smiling at me . As friendly as I could be , I smiled back and there and then the spark of friendship lit our fainted little hearts .

The first bestfriend my memory holds .

"Hi , I'm Maryam!" I answered .

We both giggled only to be interrupted by Ummy .

" Sorry little girl , Maryam has to come in , she will be with you in a few minutes , okay ?  "

"Okay !" My new friend sweetly answered as she ran to join the other children play .

We walked in the building and headed to "room seven" which was at the very end of the building's lowest floor , right from the entrance .

We quietly walked in ,unpacked the suitcases , took a look around the new place . I really had no interest other than joining the other children at the time and Ummy took note of my impatience to play , so she took me to the bathroom , helped me take a luke warm shower and as I stepped out of the bathroom ,  a whole new beginning  awaited  .

A new life , new residence , new environment , new friends , new neighbours .

______

THANK YOU FOR READING MY SHORT STORY "Chapter 2 - (FEARLESS HEART , ISLAMIC STORY )  .

IF YOU LIKED IT , THEN SURELY VOTE & LEAVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER .

UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER EDIT , STAY WELL .