Chapter 17

hello wonderful readers!

here is chapter 17, woop woop!

hope you like it, dont forget to vote and comment :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

++Blake POV+++

We had been driving in this cruddy little car for a couple of hours now although I’m beginning to feel glad that we brought such a small car, the closeness and the scent of my Angel was driving both me and my wolf crazy. I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of me and my angel getting along, or well at least not arguing. I also couldn’t stop looking at her, she looked so beautiful sitting there smiling in the sunlight.

 “What do you want to ask?” Evangeline asked after a while

“Nothing” I said looking at her again hoping that she wouldn’t notice.

“Then why do you keep looking at me?” she sighed

Oh crap she noticed. My cheeks reddened at the thought.

“Naww is a little someone blushing?” she cooed

“Actually I was going to ask you something” I said trying to cover up the reason why I kept looking at her, but hey can you blame me? She is my mate.

“Ask away” she said not long after I thought of a question to ask her

I took a deep breath wondering how I’m going to ask this question without seeming too insensitive, “Why do you hate werewolves?” I asked straight out

I saw Evangeline stiffen out the corner or my eye, a look I couldn’t quite place crossed her face. The look was so sad that I just wanted to pull her over to me and wrap my arms around her, but I couldn’t I needed her to answer the question.

After a while my Angel turned to look at me, “Are you sure you want to hear this?” she asked.

I nodded hoping that it wasn’t too bad.

“Okay. I have hated werewolves ever since I was four, but...” I put my hand up, interrupting her

“When you were four?” I asked unbelieving. What could make a four year old hate so much?

Evangeline nodded her head her bright blue eyes now held a small hint of sadness.  After taking a deep breath she continued, “I became a hunter when I was 11, but when I was four I was at the park with my parents when werewolves came. I don’t know what they said to my parents but they, they whispered some-something to them and then and then” she was sobbing at this point. “Then their leader sh-shifted into a wolf and killed them. Werewolves ki-killed m-m-my parents.” Evangeline finished talking with tears running down her pale cheeks.

Her sadness hurt me inside too, so without another thought I pulled over to the side of the road and pulled my Angel into my arms. She clutched my shirt with both hands and cried into my chest. I didn’t care that she was getting tears all over my shirt all I cared about that my Angel was okay.

We sat like that for a while, her crying into my chest while I stroked her head, trying to sooth the pain.

Both my wolf and I felt so bad that she had to go through such pain at such a young age, that she had to see her parents getting killed. It took all my control to hold in my wolf’s rage, my wolf wanted revenge. Hell so did I.

Evangeline’s tears slowed and her breathing soon came back to normal, “I guess it stupid really” She said pulling her head away to look in my eyes “you know, killing all those werewolves when the whole time I should have been looking for them. Werewolves aren’t really that bad are they? I mean look at you, you saved me today and you’re a werewolf” 

“some of us aren’t bad” I smiled at the thought of my Angel accepting us. “Do you know who did it though?” I asked referring to her parent’s killers

Evangeline stiffened, “you know those people back there who kidnapped me?” I nodded suppressing a growl “Well there the ones who killed them” she said a new wave of tears rolling from her eyes “They are the ones who killed my parents”.

This time I couldn’t hold back the growl that tore through me. Although I was angry at those assholes for hurting my Angel, I was glad that their leader was dead.

One thought though kept circling around my head. Why? Why did they kill her parents? Why did they try to kill her just now? why?

+++Evangeline POV+++

I had just told Blake about my parents, images of their death haunting me brining tears to my eyes. 

“Some of us aren’t bad” Blake smiled a bit “do you know who did it though?” he asked his smile falling a bit.

I stiffened unsure whether or not to tell him. Hadn’t I already told him more than I already thought I would?

 After a small debate in my head I decided to tell him, he needed to know who he saved me from, “You know those people back there who kidnapped me?”  Blake nodded an angry expression on his face.  “Well they’re the ones who killed them, they’re the ones who killed my parents” as soon as I began saying a fresh wave of tears rolled down my face.

The deep growl that rumbled through Blake’s chest broke me out of the state I was in.

Oh My God! I screamed in my head, what the hell was I doing? Holding on to Blake’s chest like that.

“umm uh sorry” I said blushing while I pulled away from him to go sit back on my own seat.

Oh god he must think I’m a complete idiot I thought blushing even more

I cleared my throat trying to get rid of the awkwardness, “Guess we better get going then”

Blake nodded his head before pulling the car back onto the road.

“So, uh, how long till we get back home?” I asked

“I don’t know, a couple of days, I think” Blake said sounding angry for some reason.

Wait what? I’m going to be in a car with him in a car for a couple of days “A couple of days!”

“Yep” Blake said popping the ‘P’

“B-but what about, you know s-sleeping?” I was begging to stutter a bit, but talking about sleeping arrangements with a guy was pretty embarrassing.

“There are things called hotels, you know. Anyway its getting dark we better start looking for one”

“Okay” I said a bit unsure of the fact that I would be spending the night in a hotel with...Blake