Chapter 10

Hello sorry I haven't uploaded in a long time, but I have been in Rarotonga!!!!! and I couldn't get any internet there. It was amazing! all the tropical fish and that, the cats and dogs were pretty manky tho...... :0

anyway here is the next chapter, hope you like

dont forget to vote and comment :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

I ran to the small back door to the warehouse, turning the knob and hoping it was unlocked I was almost in hysterics. Why would anybody want to kidnap Walter? Was it werewolves?

I let out a sigh of relief as the door started to open. The open room of the warehouse was only lit by the light outside, I knew I had to get Walter out of here soon or there would be no light to show us the way out. It’s always surprising how fast the light disappears sometimes.

I could see Walter’s figure in the middle of the room, I could also hear small whimpers coming from him. I started seeing red at the sound, who d they think they are, kidnapping one of my only friends?

I began to creep closer to Walter, trying to be as quiet as possible. When I got close enough I put my hand on his shoulder, feeling him stiffen under my hold I put my hand over his mouth.

“Walter. It’s me” I whispered close to his ear

“Evangeline? W-w-what are you doing here?” his voice came out horse as I took my hand off his mouth.

 I grabbed my knife out of my bag, I was thankful I brought it “I uh saw you tied up and decided to save you”

I tried cutting at the rope but his hands were in the way, “Walter could you move your hands just a little?” I asked keeping my voice at a whisper.

“Y-y-you don’t understand. They’re not human, they-they-” he didn’t get to finish his sentence as a giant wolf jumped out of the shadows growing

“Werewolves, I know” I said trying to comfort him.

Walter’s hands were shaking so much as the red-brown wolf made its way closer to us, I finally managed to cut the ropes just as a huge group of wolves came out of the shadows.

They took menacing steps forward, giant globs of saliva dripping from their jaws. The wolves came closer stalking their pray, ready to pounce at any minute.    

As Walter was getting the ties off his feet, I was reaching in my bag for the gun I had put in there earlier.

“Can you use a gun?” I asked handing it to him.

“What are you doing with a gun?” He stared at me, shock written all over his face.

“I’ll tell you later, but if any get too close shoot. Okay?”

Walter nodded his head, gripping the gun tighter. I could tell he was holding it wrong, but now wasn’t the time to correct him.

We started taking slow steps back as the wolves took a step forward. I had my knife out ready, just in case. There were too many wolves there to take them all on but if they attacked I should be able to hold them off long enough for Walter to get away.

I heard a growl not far behind us; turning my head I saw another group of wolves approaching us from behind.

“$hit” I swore, we were circled

The wolves were coming closer and closer, snapping and growling.

“We’re going to die, aren’t we?” Walter whimpered as a giant black wolf strutted through the group of smaller wolves. Smaller but still large.

As it came to face us it stopped, its eyes widening as if in surprise. I stood captivated by the midnight black wolf, almost drowning in its cloudy grey eyes. Eyes that seemed so familiar, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Looking at the sheer size of the beast I knew he was the other wolves’ Alfa.

The wolf tipped its big head to the side, studying me. I saw its eyes narrow at my knife, its once beautiful face turning into a hideous sneer. The Alpha wolf took a step back but as he did so all the other wolves began to leap forwards, towards Walter and I.

We both jumped back so that we didn’t get clawed by the approaching wolves. As we did the big black wolf jumped in front of me, I raised my knife ready to attack when I saw the wolf was snapping and growling at the other wolves. All of which started to back away looking either scared or surprised.

As the wolves began to back away, Walter and I started to walk towards the entrance but still facing the wolves just in case one decided to jump.  

“Don’t run” I whispered to Walter “wolves like the chase”

Walter nodded his head solemnly and didn’t run until we reached the door.

I felt a cold blast of wind push against my back as Walter opened the door.

Once we were out of the door we ran, we didn’t stop until we had run for a couple of blocks.

I continued running until I felt that Walter’s presence was no longer next to me. Turning around I saw him leaning against a brick wall.

“You okay?” I asked running back to him

“I’m fine” he puffed sliding down the wall to sit on the cold concrete

I went and sat next to him, enjoying the rest and the last rays of sun.

A golden haze set over us as we both sat in silence, neither of us wanting to ruin the moment.

Walter turned his head toward me, taking a deep breath and letting it go, he finally spoke “What happened back there?”

“Well” I sighed in defeat; I turned to face him and told him everything. I told him about my parent’s death, about what I knew of werewolves and also about me being a werewolf hunter. I could feel tears running down my face as I told Walter my story.

Once I had finished I opened my eyes to look at his face, hoping that I wouldn’t see disgust there. I don’t know what I would do if my only friend thought such a thing of me.

As it was I saw sympathy there instead, it wasn’t something I particularly liked to see but at the moment it was better than disgust.   

Walter let out a giant sigh “wow”

And that was all that was said as we got up and headed home. To be frank I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. I think Walter could sense that I didn’t want to talk about it anymore, and I knew this was his way of comforting me.

***

Just before we stepped through the front door, Walter pulled me into a tight hung then walked through the door giving me a slight nod with a small smile.

I walked through the door not long after I searched the area for any threats.

As soon as I stepped through the door I was faced with Sasha’s glaring figure.

“O.M.G, like what are you wearing?” she screeched in her annoyingly high pitched voice

“What does it look like I’m wearing” I scowled as I pushed past her “I’ve just been to the gym”

I ran up the stairs to my room before she could say anything else.

Once I was finally in my room I flopped onto my bead and tried to get some sleep. But I couldn’t a single peep of sleep as thoughts of piercing grey eyes flooded my thoughts.

I also couldn’t stop freaking out about what I was going to do now. The werewolves know about me now, and there were heaps at school so I couldn’t go back to school. But I couldn’t up and leave town now because no matter where I go, I would still be in danger. If one werewolf knew about me...they all will know about me.

After a while I finally got some sleep, but with dreams of familiar grey eyes.