Chapter Forty-Eight Jacob's POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Forty-Seven
Jacob's POV

Cyrus went out to play with Sawyer, leaving me in the kitchen. I watched them for a while through the doorway, still shocked that Cyrus had agreed to getting married a second time. I had no objections; I had missed her greatly, but I knew she'd never be happy with me. She only agreed to it because of Sawyer. Perhaps she was a better mother than I thought.

I walked out and sat on the couch. Sawyer and Cyrus were on the floor. She was showing him her phone. "Is this where we're gonna live?" Sawyer asked, looking up at Cyrus.

She glanced at me. "Well, if your father's all right with it, I was thinking we could live in New York," she replied. "It's a big city a few hours from here."

"Papa, is that ok with you?" he asked, turning his gaze to me.

I gave him a smile. "I don't see why not."

"There's an apartment there that we can have," Cyrus said. "It belonged to a friend but he..."

She trailed off and stood up, wiping her eyes. "Where's your bathroom?" she asked me quietly.

I pointed to a small hallway. "Down there," I replied. "Are you all right?"

She nodded, her lips forming the words 'I'm fine' but no voice accompanied them. She walked away quickly and I heard the bathroom door close a few minutes later.

"What's wrong with Mum?" Sawyer asked.

"Nothing, Sawyer," I replied. "I think she's just a little overwhelmed."

"Because of me?"

"I don't know."

He was quiet, frowning as he went back to the phone in his hands. When Cyrus hadn't returned in five minutes, I went to check on her. I knocked on the bathroom door softly. "Cyrus?" I asked. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine," she hissed, trying to keep her voice even though it still shook. "Go away."

I tried the doorknob but found it locked. "Come on, Cy," I said. "Let me in."

There was a pause before I heard the lock click and the door opened. She was sitting on the counter, leaning against the mirror. There was a clump of toilet paper in her hand and her eyes were red and puffy, her face streaked with tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently.

She shook her head. "Everything," she said, glancing at me. "Close the door; I don't want Sawyer to hear."

I did as I was told and looked at her expectantly.

"Pan managed to do one more, horrible thing before he died," she started quietly. "He... he p-poisoned my boyfriend... He passed away a couple hours ago."

"You had a boyfriend?"

She scowled. "Of course that's your priority."

"No, Cyrus, I'm sorry," I said, mentally scolding myself. "That's awful. Why did Pan poison him?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'm so sorry."

She let out a breath. "You shouldn't be," she muttered. "You're not the one who killed him."

I pulled myself up onto the counter, on the other side of the sink so that it was between us. I frowned. "Cyrus," I said after a while, looking at her. "can you forgive me?"

She raised an eyebrow. "You're apologizing?"

"I am."

She looked at her lap, biting her lip in the cute way she always did when she was hesitant. "Yes, I can forgive you," she replied. "Only for Sawyer. If he were still dead, I'd tear-" She cut off abrupt, shaking her head.

I furrowed my brows but didn't question it. "I really am sorry," I said. "I had no right to do what I did."

"No, you didn't."

I sighed. "When are we going to, you know, get married?" I asked, changing the subject.

She was quiet for a minute. "We can go to the courthouse today," she replied. "I can stop the annulment and we can renew our vows."

"Today? You don't want to wait a while, get your thoughts in order?"

She shook her head. "I promised Felix we could leave for New York tonight."

"You found your brother?"

"He was on Neverland."

I pursed my lips. "Oh, he's that Felix..."

"Don't you dare say one bad thing about him after what you did to me," she snapped.

I frowned. "I wasn't going to."

She rolled her eyes and jumped down from the counter. "Meet me at the courthouse at five," she said. "I have some things to tend to before we leave."

"Ok," I said, also getting down.

"And I'm taking Sawyer with me."

"Why can't he just stay here?"

She glared at me. "I have had a really bad day," she said. "If I want to be with my son for a while, then I will. And you, of all people, should know that nothing will stop someone from taking their kid and leaving."

I pretended that that didn't sting. "I made a mistake-"

"Yes, you did," she hissed. "The only reason I'm going to put up with you again, is for my son."

She started to leave. "He's my son, too," I muttered.

She clenched her fists, stopping. "As far as I'm concerned, he's not. He is mine, not yours. You don't deserve him; you don't deserve me. You never did."

She stormed out and a minute later, I heard the apartment door open then close again.

Since I had a few hours, I decided to go to Gold's shop. If Cyrus and I were going to be married, she'd need a ring, wouldn't she? And not just any ring, her ring.

I went up to the counter and Gold walked out from the back room. "Jacob," he said. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I waved it away. "I'm looking for my wife's wedding ring."

"Shouldn't she have that?"

I crossed my arms. "It was taken by the curse. Find it."

"Very well. What does it look like?"

"You know what it looks like," I snapped. "It's gold with an inscription inside. I know you have it and I want it back."

He was quiet, thinking. "I have a few rings like that. What does the inscription say?"

I let out a breath. "'To my happy ending.'"

"Aw, how sweet," he said semi-sarcastically as he glanced around the shelves. "I think this is it."

He handed me a ring box and I opened it, looking at the ring. I nodded. "And just what will this cost me?" I asked.

"It's on the house," he replied. "Consider it a 'thank you' gift for your wife."

"For doing what?"

"Killing my father."

~~~~~~

So, I kind of said that this would be the last chapter, and well... I lied. There's one more. Hopefully. Just one.... Hopefully.

So, I don't know how I feel about Jacob's POV.... I also don't know how I feel about Jacob himself. Mixed feelings. What do you guys think?

Haha, I was thinking about what I'm planning for the sequel, and then I looked at what I did in this one (killing Kian, killing Pan), and as I was going over the ending that I've been dying to write, I realized something: I am a horrible person. You guys are gonna hate me after the sequel 😅

I'll leave you with that thought.

Have a blessed day,
~Jordyn