Chapter Twelve Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Eleven
Cyrus' POV

"Don't you dare run away from me!" he snarled viciously as he grabbed my arm.

I pulled away. "Leave me alone!"

"You won't be able to hide forever. As long as you know what you're running from, you'll forever be pulled back to it."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know why you're running: To get away from your destiny. And because of that, your fate will always keep pulling you back towards it because now that you know, you will be powerless to stop it."

I was quiet for a moment. "Then I guess I'll just have to forget..."

I jolted awake, my eyes wide. What was that? Only a dream... But it was so vivid, so real... The voice was chilling, familiar, and threatening. I saw no face, just an outline of a man's figure. Where had I seen it before?

"You alright, Cyrus?" a quiet voice asked in the darkness.

I looked to the right and could just make out Henry's face staring back at me. "Yeah, just a dream," I replied.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I was quiet for a moment. "I don't really know what it was," I said truthfully. "Something from my past, I guess."

"Your past?"

I nodded. "I have magic, and apparently it's pretty strong, an oracle told me what my destiny was or something like that. I guess I didn't like what I was supposed to do because I took away my memory..."

"And your dream had something to do with that?"

"I think so. But no matter, it's not important. Go back to sleep, ok?"

He nodded and turned away from me.

I woke up in the morning to one of the Lost Boys tending to my ankle. "What are you doing?" I asked, half-awake.

"Pan's orders," the boy stated coldly.

I cocked my head to the side but didn't say anything else. I yawned and ran a hand through my hair before resting my arm underneath my head.

The boy finished what he was doing and left. I stood up, brushing the dirt off of my clothes and hair. What I wouldn't give for a shower.

Pam appeared in front of me, holding Felix's club. He handed it to me. "What's this for?" I asked.

"You can use it as a staff on our trip," he replied.

"What trip?" I asked. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"If you want your ankle to get better then you will."

I raised an eyebrow. "You're taking me to a doctor?"

He nodded. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I need your help with something and that requires you being able to walk."

I knew he was lying but I didn't address it. "Where are we going?"

"New York," he said.

"Why would you take me all the way to New York when you could just take me to a doctor in the Enchanted Forest?"

"You'll get much better care in New York."

I was quiet. "We're leaving tonight," he said.

He started to walk away but I stopped him. "How are we getting there?" I asked. "Do you have a portal or something?"

He chuckled. "I'm Peter Pan," he said. "I don't need a portal."

He walked away and I was left to my thoughts. I looked at Felix's club that I held in my hand. What was stopping me from hitting Pan over the head with it and then running for my camp?

I couldn't come up with a reason as to why I shouldn't, but the problem was, I couldn't come up with a reason as to why I should, either. Something was stopping me, but what was it?

My mind drifted back to when Pan and I were in the woods and I wanted to go back  to camp because of my ankle. I looked into his eyes, and instead of seeing pure hatred like I thought I would, I saw pain. Pain and worry, along with fear. For a second, a brief moment, he had dropped his shield that stopped everyone from seeing his true feelings. Why did he do that in front of me? Was it intentional or did it just happen by accident?

I shook my head. Why does it matter? It doesn't. Then why was I thinking about it so much? I feared that perhaps I was going mad from being on Neverland for so long. How long had it been? I lost count of the days.

I glanced around the camp. Pan was no where in sight. I could do it. I could run. But would I make it?

I darted into the forest, using Felix's club to help keep my weight off my twisted ankle. After running for several minutes, I realized that I was lost. I stopped running, allowing myself to catch my breath as I tried to figure out where I was.

"Naughty, naughty girl," Pan's voice said, amusement lacing his tone.

I turned and saw him smirking at me. "I-"

"-was trying to find your camp?" he guessed. "They moved, knowing I had found where they were."

"You're going to tie me up again, aren't you?" I asked, distraught.

"Oh no, no, Pet," he said. "Actually, I've come to make you a deal."

"Not interested."

"I think you will be. I'll give you until sundown to find your camp. If you find it, fine, you can stay with them, but if you don't, then you'll come back with me and I'll take you to that doctor. Deal?"

I frowned. "That's a semi-decent deal, there has to be some sort of catch."

"No catch," he said. "So, do we have a deal?"

I sighed. "Fine."

A devious smile pulled at his lips. "Good. I'll see you later, then."

He disappeared in a cloud of smoke. I let out a breath, looking around.

"Alright, Cyrus, it's just a little island," I said to myself. "You can find them..."

•••

Thank you guys for over two hundred views! :)

I feel like this story's bad honestly, it doesn't have the greatest plot and I feel like it's confusing, idk. Do I need to explain things more for you guys or do you understand what I'm writing? Idk...

Alright, it's not quite there yet but: Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a nice time with your family/friends or whoever you're spending the holiday with! And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving then, Happy Ordinary Thursday!

Ok, comment and vote! I do appreciate it greatly! :)

Have a blessed day,
~Jordyn