Chapter Thirty-One Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Thirty-One
Cyrus' POV

My breath hitched in my throat and my heart sped up. "Kian, I-"

He pressed his lips to mine, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. I didn't know how to react to the action. It was far from the first time he had kissed me but was the first time anyone had told me they loved me. It made butterflies and knots mix inside my stomach, making me delighted and sick at the same time. I was the first to pull away.

"Come back to camp with me," he pleaded, resting his forehead against mine.

"I– I can't," I said as I left out a breath. "I have to help Henry."

"He's dead, Cyrus," he told me. "There's nothing you can do."

"I can take his heart from Pan."

"He'd never let you get that close to him."

"I'll find a way."

"Cyrus–"

"I'm going back to my camp," I said. "Either you're with me or you're against me."

Kian sighed, glancing into the forest. "Then I'm with you."

Pan's POV

I watched as Kian told Cyrus he loved her. I must admit, seeing him kiss her made me feel betrayed, whether by him or by her, I didn't know. When Cyrus refused to come back to camp and he looked at me for my blessing to go with her, I had to agree. He'd keep her busy so she wouldn't be able to get Henry's heart back. I realized that what I was doing would hurt Cyrus, but she was a strong girl; she'd be all right.

I walked back to my camp and went into my tent. I picked up the wood carving I had just finished and examined it. I sighed as I set it back down and sat on the cot, beginning a new project. I crafted my goals in wood, slowly, finishing them when I accomplished them. It helped pass the time and I enjoyed it.

"Pan," Felix said, rushing into the tent and I hid the carving. "they're coming."

Cyrus' POV

I watched as Pan left the camp then ran up to Felix, who was the only Lost Boy still there as the others were preparing to leave. I knew Emma had already tried to convince him to go back with us and failed but I had to try once more. "Felix–"

"Cyrus, where have you been?" he asked. "I was worried Pan had hurt you."

"What? No, I'm fine," I said quickly. "Listen, we're leaving the island tonight. This is your last chance to agree to come with me. Please, Felix, say you will."

He scowled. "You can't get off the island without Pan allowing it."

"We found a way," I insisted.

"It's too dangerous, Cyrus."

"Please, Felix!" I begged desperately.

"I can't. I'm sorry."

I clenched and unclenched my fists, thinking. "Then... I'll stay here with you."

"Are you crazy?! Pan will kill you!"

"No, he won't."

"Yes, he will."

"If he wanted to kill me, he would've by now," I said. "He could've poisoned me in New York or left me to die in that pit but he didn't. Why would he kill me now?"