Chapter Thirty-Four Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Thirty-Four
Cyrus' POV

"How could you just do that?!" Felix asked angrily.

He was seated on the deck and I sat on a trunk as we argued over what I did to get him on the ship. "You left me no choice," I replied.

"'No choice'?!" he snapped. "Cyrus, you-"

He cut off when Henry walked toward us, holding two plates of food. He sat beside me on a trunk and offered us the food.

Felix glanced at him, irritated. "Go away, boy," he said rudely. "I'm not hungry."

He drew back the plate but still held one out to me. I took it, his hand brushing against mine as I did so. His touch send chills down my spine and I shifted away from him awkwardly.

"But I came to thank you," Henry said, turning his attention to my brother.

Felix looked at him now. "No matter what those other traitors do," he started. "I'm on Pan's side. And Pan–"

"Never fails," Henry finished.

A sickening feeling pulled at my stomach. "What did you say?" I asked.

"You heard me," he replied. "Peter Pan never fails. He can't be stopped, even when they think he's defeated, when they think they've won. He finds a way."

Felix looked intrigued now. "So you think you're not safe?"

"Oh no, I'm perfectly safe," he explained. "During our struggle, my fate was sealed. The one who's in trouble, is Henry."

"But you're Henry."

"Not anymore," he smirked.

"You..." Felix glanced around, realizing what I had been fearing. "You switched."

Henry offered him the food again. "You sure you're not hungry?"

Felix took it. "Thank you," he said. "Pan."

"Now," his smirk grew. "let's play."

I stood up quickly, the plate dropping from my lap and onto the deck. This gained me a few stares from the others. I was about to say something, try to warn the others about Pan, but he glared at me. "Don't make a scene, love," he said dangerously. "Just sit down and relax."

Hesitantly, I sat down again, tensing. "I knew it was you," I growled. "You called me a lost hero... I should've done something about it then."

"Oh but, who would have believed you?"

I scowled but knew he was right. They wouldn't have believed me no matter what I said. "You're a despicable creature," I growled.

"I am," he agreed, then smirked at me. "But that's why you love me."

"I would never in my life love someone like you."

"We'll see about that."

Before could say anything else on the matter, Kian walked over to us. "What are you guys talking about?" he asked, boredom evident on his face.

I glanced at 'Henry.' "Nothing important," I replied. "What's up?"

"I'm bored," he said. "There's nothing to do on this stupid ship."

"We'll be home in the morning, so relax," I said. "Soon you'll have a whole new town to explore."

He shrugged and tapped Pan's shoulder, motioning for him to move. Surprisingly, he did, and Kian sat in his place next to me. "Well, actually, Cyrus, I've been thinking about that," he started. "I don't... well I don't want to stay in Storybrooke... I want to go back to New York."

"Oh, well I only wanted to stay for a week at the most, and then we'll go back, okay?"

He frowned. "I wanted to go back as soon as possible."

"I just want to stay for a little while. It won't be that bad."

He sighed. "Cyrus, why can't we just go back tomorrow?"

"Why can't we just go back in a week?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow and either you're going with me or you're not."

"Cyrus," Felix said. "what is he talking about?"

"Oh, you haven't been told?" Pan started in the innocent voice that didn't belong to him. "Kian is Cyrus' boyfriend."

My brother raised an eyebrow. "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend."

"Well... things have been," I paused, searching for the right word. "complicated."

"Oh, how long you've been together?" he asked.

"Oh, I don't know," I frowned. "Since Regina's curse, I suppose, so, about thirty years.

"Thirty years?" He turned to Kian. "And you haven't married her yet?"

My face heated up and from the corner of my eye, I saw Kian's face turning red as well. "We escaped most of the curse but we were still effected in the way that we couldn't tell how much time had passed, " I explained. "It only seemed like a couple of years to us."

"And you live in New York?" I nodded. "Both of you? Like, together?"

"No," Kian said quickly, his face a now a bright red. "No, Cyrus and I have different apartments."

I bit my lower lip. "Can I confess something?" I asked nervously. "I lost my apartment three months ago..."

Kian's head snapped to the side to look at me. "What?" he asked, shocked. "Why didn't you tell me? You could've stayed with me!"

I sighed. "I was embarrassed."

"About what?"

"I lost the job that I had for three years and then couldn't keep up with my rent. I felt like a failure and... I didn't want you to know."

He let out a breath, setting his hand on top of mine and entangling our fingers. "Cyrus, you're not a failure," he told me. "You should've told me; I could've helped you."

"Well, I didn't want help."

Kian rolled his eyes. "You have way too much pride."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

"For you, it is."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry."

Henry gave an irritated look before walking away. "What's up with him?" Kian asked.

I shrugged and muttered, "Probably doesn't like hearing us talk like a couple."

"Why would he care?"

I glanced towards Pan, thinking of the deal we had made and what happened before we did. I shook my head, the memory giving me chills. "No idea."