Chapter Twenty-Nine Cyrus' POV

Felix's Sister

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Cyrus' POV

Pan disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving me in Dark Hollow. "Pan!" I yelled. "You can't just leave me here! What about the shadows?!"

You can handle yourself.

"Get out of my head, you jerk!"

Oh but it's so interesting in here. All your thoughts are so– Cyrus, you sweet, little girl. Is that really how you think of me? Powerful and handsome? Why I'm flattered, really.

My eyes widened and I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. "Stop it!"

I heard him chuckle. Very well, but we'll have to talk about that later.

Cursing at myself and at Pan, I pulled at the cuff around my wrist, trying to pry it off. When that failed, I tried the rope but got the same result.

Then reality came crashing in: Pan was going to kill Henry and there was nothing I could do to stop him.

Although this upset me, I had more urgent matters to deal with. Such as the murderous shadows flying towards me. "Pan," I said. "Pan!"

I covered my face with my hands as the shadows got viciously closer. "Hey!" someone yelled. "Get away from her!"

"Felix," I said, letting out a breath of relief.

The three shadows looked at him, angry that he had stopped them. "Leave her alone," he said again. "Pan's orders."

They made a sound of agitated defeat before flying away. My shoulders relaxed as my brother walked toward me. He glanced down at the cuff on my wrist. "Get into a bit of trouble, Cyrus?" he asked with an amused smirk.

"Just take the cuff off," I replied, both annoyed and embarrassed with the situation.

"Sorry, little sis," he said. "I was given strict orders to guard you, not let you go."

I sighed and he sat on the ground, looking up at me. "What a brother you are," I muttered.

"I'm trying to make sure we both keep our lives through this whole thing so don't go sayin' I'm not a good brother," he snapped.

"You may be protecting me now," I started bitterly. "but what about when you left?"

He glared at the ground. "I left because of our parents," he growled.

"What they do to make you leave me?!" I demanded.

"They treated you like a monster," he said, anger lacing his voice.

I frowned. "No, they didn't."

"Maybe not when you were around," he explained. "but when you were gone, they spoke of their fear for you and said that there was evil inside of you. They always sent you out of the house because they believed you would hurt them."

"My powers hadn't fully come in when I was a child, why would they fear me?"

"I don't know," he sighed. "I tried to defend you but they only argued. I was so angry with the way they treated you that I just couldn't stay..."

"You could've brought me with you."

"I wanted to but, Pan wouldn't let me."