Chapter Twenty-Four Mixed POVs

Felix's POV

Chapter Twenty-Four
Cyrus' POV

I looked at Kian sharply. "A Lost Boy?" I asked angrily. "You're a Lost Boy?!"

"I used to be," Kian corrected.

"And you didn't feel this was important information to share?"

"I forgot about Neverland until I saw the Shadow," he replied.

I scowled and turned to Pan. "And you couldn't recognize one of your own Lost Boys?!"

Pan threw his hands up in surrender. "Well excuse me if it's been a few years since I last saw him," he snapped. "He's grown up. It's not my fault I didn't recognize him."

I clenched my fists, narrowing my eyes at Kian. "How did you get to New York?" I asked.

He shifted uncomfortably. "You brought us there..."

"Why would I do that?"

"We were friends after I left Neverland," he explained. "When the Queen's curse was coming, you found a way to control where it brought us but not a way to preserve our memories."

I was quiet for a moment. "Why would I be friends with a Lost Boy?" I asked him.

He and Pan shared a look. "You didn't know I was a Lost Boy," he said. "Pan... He sent me to keep an eye on you. He wanted to make sure you never made it back to Neverland and ruin his plans."

I shifted my gaze to the eternal youth. "And it all comes back to you and your plans," I said. "Surprise, surprise."

"Why are you upset by this?" Pan asked. "It was merely precaution on my part and anyway, it made you a friend."

"Under false pretenses," I hissed. "He only spoke to me because he was under orders from you."

"Yes but I never ordered him to be your boyfriend," he responded, glancing at Kian. "So, in a way, I did you a favor."

I took a breath and let it out slowly. "Where's Felix?" I asked, changing the subject.

"That's none of your concern," Pan said.

"I think it is."

"Well you thought wrong."

"Well you're a jerk."

"Irrelevant, but acceptable."

I rolled my eyes, holding back the urge to tear out Pan's heart and crush it in my hand. Then again, it seemed impossible that a boy like him would even have a heart. But even so, the thought of killing him made me smile.

Pan's POV

I took a step toward Cyrus, putting my hand under her chin and studying her face, but avoiding her eyes. "Now, I can't have you getting in my way, so the question is," I said slowly. "what do I do with you?"

Cyrus scowled at me. "What are you going to do, Pan? Kill me?"

I chose to ignore the comment, the thought of harming her still upset me but her mocking tone covered the hurt with anger. "Mmm, I have an idea," I purred. "How about the Pit of Nightmares?"

I saw her bravery falter as she thought of the horrible dreams that had been haunting her but soon the wall went back up and she tried to play it off as no big deal. "Nightmares?" she asked skeptically. "Surely the great Peter Pan could do something better than that."

"I could," I leaned toward her ear, lowering my voice. "if I didn't know about your night terrors."

She tensed. "How?"

I smirked, but inside I felt ashamed that I was doing this to her. "I heard you crying," I said quietly, wickedly. "Ever since I took you captive, I heard you crying when you fell asleep. And now, those terrors will haunt you even you are awake."

Cyrus clenched her fists. "Whatever it is you're trying to accomplish by treating me like this, you won't."

"I'm sure," I said sarcastically.

I flicked my wrist and Cyrus and I were engulfed in green smoke. We appeared at the opening of the Pit of Nightmares. "Is this it?" Cyrus asked, looking into the seemingly normal hole in the ground. "How very unimpressive."

"On the outside, perhaps," I took Cyrus' wrist and unsheathed my dagger, making a cut in the palm of her hand. "But when linked to an individual," I held her hand over the pit and allowed her blood to drip inside, casting a green glow along the walls of the hole that quickly faded. "it becomes very treacherous."

From holding onto her wrist, I could feel her pulse quickening and knew that she was trying hard to hide her fear. "Have fun, Cyrus," I snarled before pushing her into the pit.

I watched for a few minutes, staring at Cyrus' panicking figure as she spun around, scanning the darkness for whatever was waiting for her.

I turned and started walking away. I could hear Cyrus yelling at the creatures taunting her. The terror in her voice struck pain into my heart but I knew that if I showed her mercy, both she and the Lost Boys would lose their fear of me and think that I was becoming soft. I tried to block out the yelling but the farther I got from the pit, the louder it was.

"Pan!"