Chapter Seven Mixed POVs

Felix's Sister

Chapter Seven
Felix's POV

I didn't know how long it had been since Cyrus had left. I lost track of time. That happens on Neverland; the day's blur together when you can't grow up. It could have been days, could have been years... I wished I could've talked to Cyrus longer. I did miss her greatly and her visit only brought up old scars. I wanted to be the big brother I had promised to be, but with Pan in the way, I couldn't.

"Felix," Pan started during the festivities of the night. "you've been awfully quiet; don't tell me you're still thinking about Cyrus."

"She's my sister, Pan," I stated plainly.

"So?"

"So I'm the only person that ever saw her as anything more than a-" I stopped myself and sighed.

"Than a what, Felix? What is your sister?"

"In the views of most people... a monster," I said quietly.

"A monster," Pan restated. "And do you remember why your sister was deemed a monster? Or does your memory need refreshing?"

"I remember," I said quietly.

"Yes, I should hope you do. After all, you have the scars to remind you of your cruel sister."

I clenched my fists and turned to walk away. "Just remember what she can do, Felix," Pan warned.

She doesn't even remember what she's capable of. She would never hurt me; it was all just an accident before. She regretted it the moment it happened. I couldn't blame her, I provoked her and crossed the line that made her snap.

"You're not scared of me, are you, Felix?" she asked, taking a step closer.

"Of course not," I responded. "But what you're doing is wrong, Cyrus."

"The way they treated me was wrong! They will pay, they will all regret what they've called me, done to me... And it will all be for the better. You'll see, things will be better..."

"Cyrus, what you're doing, is something only a monster could do."

She froze. "A monster...? You're calling me a monster now, too?"

"No, Cyrus, I-"

"Then what am I, Felix?! What am I?!" I stayed quiet. "Tell me! Say it alread-"

"A monster! You're a monster, Cyrus! A bloody monster. And that's all you'll ever be. No wonder our parents were afraid of you."

And that's when it happened. She raised her hand and before she knew what was she was doing, it happened. She was mortified and I was terrified. She ran off after that.

I shook my head at the memory and traced the scars on my face. She doesn't remember that day, our last meeting. I wished I could go back in time to when she was a little girl and I would play with her in the village. I missed how her warm, hazel eyes sparkled brightly with kindness, and how her constant, toothy smile radiated joy. I missed my little sister.