The Past Matters Not (Kcalb; Gray Garden)

Start from the beginning

"Geez, I was wondering where you were. I had to ask Wodahs where— ....... Hey, you okay there?"

Kcalb took a few seconds to regain his composure then turned to ________, concern written all over her face. He studied her, reminding himself that she's alright and out of harm's way.

"...... I'm alright. I just remembered something." He replied, wanting nothing more than to ease her concern and forget about that horrid day. Her smile instantly came back and she held up a box to him.

"Here's the cake I told you about! I hope you like it." _______ gave it to him, who took it in his hand, then turned on her heel and was about to say her goodbye when Kcalb suddenly latched a hand on her wrist.

________ jumped , startled at the sudden contact from him, and craned her neck to look at him. But no one was more surprised than Kcalb himself.

He has no idea why he had suddenly grabbed her wrist. He didn't even think of grabbing it, let alone out of the blue like that. Kcalb took this brief moment of surprise to examine her reaction.

"A-ah......" Crimson coated her cheeks, her wide, (e/c) eyes staring back at his own. (h/c) locks framed her face, strands touching her flushed cheeks.

Kcalb still has his hand on her wrist and he still has no idea where he got the confidence to do that. Finally, he averted his gaze from her and let go of her wrist with an awkward cough.

"S-sorry about that."

"It's fine. Although," She grinned, the blush fading away, as she began to speak as if it wasn't awkward at all.

"Who knew you could blush this much~?"

His eyes widened, embarrassed at the fact that he was caught no matter how he hid his face in the furs of his cloak. Kcalb didn't face her when he indignantly replied.

"Sh-shut up!"

_______'s giggles reached his ears and he heard the sounds of footsteps approaching him. The Devil was more than prepared for another round of teasing since a certain God does this on a daily basis.

But he hasn't expected this.

He felt something soft press itself to his cheek, lingering there for a few more seconds before it disappeared.

His head snapped towards the smiling female, her head tilted to the side in an innocent manner. She giggled again and closed her eyes, the smile still intact. "I love you."

He felt himself go rigid at the sudden confession before another blush placed itself on his cheeks. She was still giggling and smiling without a care in the world as she waited for his reply.

This made Kcalb all the more embarrassed. She already knew how he felt about her by now, she just wanted him to say it himself.

"I'm waiting, Kcalb~" She chimed, uncontrollably giggling under her breath.

Kcalb can feel his face getting warmer at this. He narrowed his eyes at her and decided to just spit it out to end this torture.

"Fine....... I love you, too...."

"See~ That wasn't so bad, heehee!"

Kcalb could feel his lips twitching into a smile, but he decided against it. If he did, _______ might as well have started another teasing session.

"........" He lifted his hand to show the cake box to _______. She caught his hint and casually took his hand in hers, intertwining their fingers together.

That action sent him into another flushed state because of his inexperience with it. Luckily, she brushed it off since it was her first time to do this too.

"We should go to the castle and eat it there, hm?" With the warm smile still on her lips, she tugged him beside her and the both of them walked towards Blancblack Castle.

-Extended Ending-

"........" Kcalb focused on the game called Othello. He was playing against Etihw, who was smiling in amusement like usual.

"....... I've heard that you and _______ are together now. That's nice."

Etihw began, but the Devil across them remained silent. Minutes ticked by and the both of them were still playing in silence when—

"So, have you two kissed?"

Their question turned Kcalb into a flustered mess, causing him to sputter and become restless.

"Wh-who would ask a question like that so casually?!"

"Hohoho~ Judging by your reaction, I guess you haven't."

"Shut up! What does this have to do with you?!"

"I was only asking, don't get your panties in a twist."

"..........."

"..........."

"..........."

"She's making the first move, isn't she?"

Another fierce blush bloomed on his cheeks, his lips sealed shut and remaining silent. But it didn't stop the white God from being amused at his reactions.

"Hohoh~"

"You know that brother will never initiate anything intimate with her, Etihw."

"Wodahs!"

********************************************

I was laughing the whole time I wrote this 😂 I hope this was okay since Kcalb isn't much of a talker nor does he openly show his feelings.

I thought of this idea when I was in the bathroom. Weird huh? But then again, you get inspiration from the most unexpected places.

Well, see you on the next one 😃

Made on: June 6, 2016

Published on: June 7, 2016