Chapter 30

Vote/ Comment/ Follow for dedication

Chapter 30

Jonathan POV

"So she really killed Eva?" Matteo asked me in shock as he leaned against the wall and slid down. It's the first time I've been out my room in days. Six to be exact. So nobody has really been briefed on anything that happened yet. I didn't know where to find Addy's friends. To be honest. This was my first time actually talking to anyone since what happened.

Matteo, Paul and I were hanging out in the hallway of the third floor sipping soda. We couldn't find the stronger stuff. Apparently they were in Giovanni's office which was now being occupied by Alina until... anyone came home.

Home. Didn't really feel like that anymore without Addy. She was still in a coma in some private doctor's office. Eva was only four centimeters away from making Addy join her in death. Close as hell. Her mother was there was too. They're staying with some private doctor, for obvious reasons. Can't have business information out in public. Right now, Matteo's dad was running things.

"Yup. Knife right in the heart." I told him rubbing my face. Sleep hasn't been kind to me. Only my worries attacking me in forms of nightmares. Nightmares of Addy dying in my arms. Over and over and over again.

"Wow. I can't believe she went through with it." he breathed out. He shook his head and finished off his soda. Then he stared at the can lost in thought.

Paul sighed. "Man, I can't believe we could have lost her. That was a serious close call."

I nodded. "Too close."

"How are you holding up? This is the first time you've really talked all week." Matteo asked.

"I'm fine." Not quite meeting his eyes but saying it like I wanted to drop the subject.

He complied and didn't bring it back up. We were silent for a while before Paul stood up abruptly. Matteo and I looked at him. "Where are you going?" I asked.

Paul rubbed his hands together and gave us a small smile. "Look, I miss my best friend and everything, but I'm not for this depressing shit fest, so I'm going to get a drink and then get some air. Coming?" He didn't wait for a response as he headed down the hall.

I looked to Matteo and stood up. "Come on."

We met Paul standing at the bottom of the stairs with his arms crossed. I went down with a frown. 

"Paul what are you..." I trailed off.

Azmina stood there staring back at Paul. We had a full clear view of her now. Her dark hair was pin straight unlike Addy's wavy one. She had bluish grey eyes and was tall. Well taller than Eva who was about 5'1 out of heels. Azmina had to be at least maybe 5'4 or 5'5. Almost Addy's height. They could have been twins but this girl was obviously younger though probably not by much.

"What's going on? Who is that?" Matteo asked me quietly. He looked like he was in shock or had seen a ghost. Not that I blamed him.

Azmina's steel gaze snapped to him. As if she hadn't realized he was there the whole time. I cleared my throat gaining her attention.

"Azmina, right?" I asked cautiously but friendly.

"Yes." She confirmed.

"How's Addy doing?" I asked.

She look sympathetic. A little. She had a professional poker face. "Still in her coma."

"What are you doing here?" Paul asked her.