Chapter 10

Hello again:)

Chapter 10

Addy POV

"Addy a moment." My father called me into his office.

I followed silently, knowing that this was bad. Papá was pissed and would take his anger out on anyone who disobeyed him at this moment. I closed the door behind us before hesitantly sitting down across from him.

"Everything fine, Papá?" I asked softly.

"Someone stole from us again. This time they managed to get into my personal vault. Took some jewels and a lot of money. No trace." Papá ran his hand through his dark hair.

My eyes widened before they narrowed. I sat back in my chair and thought carefully about this. "How would someone get in without the code?"

My father's eyes darkened. "They got the code."

"The only people with the code are family. And not even the whole family." I stated still deep in thought.

"We have a rat. I wonder who would be so brave to betray me." He said calmly as he sat back in his chair with a deep breath.

If we had a rat in the family that means we were in serious trouble. My father trusted this family with his life. He told them everything including the codes to a lot of vaults in case they needed it or had an emergency. Papá was so well respected, generous and feared that most people didn't even touch the vaults.

"There's nothing on the cameras?" I asked.

"Nothing. They just happened to be under maintenance at the time of the incident." He informed me.

"The guards?"

"Just so happened to be doing their rotation giving this person a five second window to get in and out which is impossible." Papá lit a cigar and blew the smoke out in frustration.

I still thought deeply about this letting ideas about was going on flow through my head. "There's no way this person is working alone."

"I know and I have men already searching for any information that might answer how these people got through."

I cracked my knuckles and stared at the fire place. The flames licked the wood sharing it's warmth with the room. "I want to help. I have some ideas on how to go about this issue."

"You have to focus on your training." my father reminded me.

"Then why did you tell me this?" I smirked.

"You're my daughter." He smiled.

"Did you tell Eva?" I asked knowing he didn't.

He shook his head with a grin. "Fine you caught me. I was hoping you would want to help anyway."

"Why?"

"Let's just say I was impressed with the way you handled Anne. That is the work of a true leader." He said before putting up his cigar.

I stood up feeling proud. "Thank you, Papá. I'm going to go change and head down to the gym for training."

"You are doing great by the way, Addy. I'm very proud of the woman you are becoming. Your mother would be proud too."

I looked at him with a grin. "That's who I'm doing this for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my stretches and looked up to see Matteo standing over me. He had a huge grin on his face and was wearing his traditional sweats and a t-shirt.