Chapter 25

Vote/Comment/Follow for a dedication

Chapter 25

Addy's POV

"She's gone." Matteo told me as I walked into the house.

"Good." I replied knowing he meant Eva. I headed to the kitchen to grab some water. After that I went to my father's office. When I knocked on the door, no one answered. I tried again until one of his workers approached me. He bowed his head respectfully and didn't meet my eye fully.

"Miss Auturro, I have been requested to inform you that your father is going to be away on business for the rest of the day. Until he should return he has placed you in charge." He informed me in Italian.

I gave him a nod, dismissing him. Then I entered the empty office. It was as clean and neat as possible. There was a pile of paperwork on top the desk with a letter to me saying to sort them out.

I quickly got to work. After a few hours, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called without looking up.

Kat entered with a plate of food in her hands which she placed in front of me. "I bought you dinner." she said as she took a seat.

I gave her a smile before digging in. "Thank you." I said with my mouth full.

She laughed. "This is what Jonathan has to put up with? That's gross."

I swallowed and grinned. "Hey! I'm just really hungry. Besides I'm not like this all the time." I defended myself.

Kat smirked. "Sure you're not. Anyway I'm bored. What are you doing?"

I picked up one of the documents and waved it around. "Paperwork. Wanna help?"

Putting her foot up on the chair, Kat grinned. "Nope. I'm not that bored."

I rolled my eyes and resumed eating. "Where is everyone?" I asked when I finished.

Kat shrugged. "Paul and Ricky went somewhere with Jonathan, Gina and Hunter are off doing who knows what, and Caden, Brian, and Michael are by the pool."

I looked at her. "They're by the pool? Outside or inside?"

"Where do you think?" she asked.

I groaned. "They're going to be so sick. Who told them it was a good idea to go swimming outside in the winter? Someone should have stopped them."

Kat laughed. "It's the twins, who do you think they would even listen to? They were playing truth or dare and got bored. So they decided that an outdoor swim would make them stop being bored."

There was another knock at the door. This time it was one of guards delivering a package. I instructed them to place it in the corner so I could check it when I finish the paperwork. Just as he was leaving, Jonathan, Paul and Ricky walked in. They were sweaty and looked a bit flushed like they were in the gym or something.

Paul had his shirt around his neck. He made his way over to where Kat was sitting and sat on the arm of the chair leaning over her. His tight 6 pack torso was on full display for her. I grinned wondering how this was going to play out.

"Hey Kitty. I've missed you today, beautiful." Paul greeted her with smirk.

She frowned at him. "I told you not to call me that."

He ran a finger across her ankle making her sit up. "Didn't you miss me, baby?"

I sniffled a giggle behind my hand when I saw Kat's face. She was blushing and kept sneaking peeks at his abs. Paul smirked and got closer to her.