Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Harry surveyed the scene and left. He was a very quiet person, but promised that everything would be taken care of. Liam had turned very touchy with me, but quickly curbed my yearning for a gun.

Once the pizza was long gone, and the room cleaned up, Liam and I were sitting in the untouched gueset bedroom, me leaning against his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead. "Tomorrow we'll buy better locks for the windows, the doors. Everything."

"Since we'll already be out-"

"Arianne. You are not getting a gun. Not even a bedazzled, sparkly pink one," he snapped. "I can keep you safe well enough. You don't need it."

I huffed. "I was going to ask if we could buy tampons," I lied. "Aunt Flow is visiting soon."

Liam growled in distaste. "Do I have to?"

"Where do you think all that blood is going to go?" I tested incredulously.

His hand wrapped around my mouth as he groaned in disgust. "Okay, okay. Please stop talking about it."

Laughing, I tried to indulge on more details, but it was all muffled under his massive hand. He kissed the top of my head and tickled my side. "You sicko."

~ Later ~

"Arianne, no," Liam said sharply.

We had walked passed an ammunition shop, and I playfully tried to enter it. Once I saw how rigid he was about it, I ducked inside before he could grab me. I giggled as he followed me in, his arms tucking around my waist.

"Do you enjoy being the biggest pain in the arse?" he hummed in my ear.

"Just paying you back after everything-"

A burly man appeared from the back of the shop, smiling kindly at us. "Is there anything you two are looking for in particular?" he asked, wiping his hands on a small towel.

"Yes, hi! I am just-"

Liam held me tighter, cutting me off. "No, sir. We were just looking."

I smacked his arms off of me. "Sorry about my friend here. He's a little protective. I'm actually looking for some type of protection."

The man nodded knowingly, waving us over to his desk. Liam shot me a glare, shaking his head at me. "I assume your boyfriend doesn't want you keeping a gun around," the shopowner chuckled.

"You are right," Liam grumbled.

The man snickered, pulling out a little box. "That's a very common thing to be worried about. She wants a gun, doesn't she? I'd recommend something a little smaller, with a little less firepower."

Now Liam's interest was peaked. We watched as the man pulled out a little pink rectangular item. It took me a minute, but I finally realized it was a taser. Liam picked it up, examining it carefully as he and the owner spoke. I kind of zoned out, wondering if I'd be able to use it if the person taunting us attacked me.

Liam pinched my side to get my attention. "I will buy this for you on one condition."

"Really?" I gasped. "Anything! I'll do it."

"You have to try it on me first."

My jaw dropped. "What? No!"

He crossed his arms over his chest sternly. "Then you aren't getting it."