Chapter 34 : That's wrong!!

Envy's POV

I look at those four through the window, disguised as a bird. What's wrong with me? I'm a sadist,  psychopath. I like seeing people getting hurt and I like hurting them. I have all I bed so what more? Immortality? I'm a homunculus, fool! Friends? Who would need that anyway? Nah, I'm perfect! And yet.... I look away a little, jumping a little on the branch. I'm angry against myself. Why can't I  see that I need nothing? I'm so absorbed in my thoughts that k don't notice I'm dangerously falling from the branch, quickly. Damn I'm a bird!!! I move my wings to avoid meeting the floor but it seems I'm not really skilled at that. I close my eyes, waiting my death, another time. Geez... It hurts when I die... But instead of the ground, I meet another surface. I squeak, opening my eyes, and I see the dark haired girl holding me in her automails hands. She smiles kindly, stroking my small body as soft as possible not to hurt me with her metal hands.

-Hey small thing. You need advices to fly? she giggled gently.

Damn!! I hate when humans talk like this!! They sound as if they pity me and I don't want!! I shake my head and jump off her hands, flying away as fast as possible, but I quickly fall again. Ignoring the high floor, she jumps to catch me and claps her hands to create it under her feet, landing softly on the floor. Her friends run toward the window above us.

-Everything alright?! Jane shouts.

This girl.... Her body is also Loneliness' but I rink she takes control a little too much... I should do something to help that...

-Yeah don't worry for me!! I'm perfectly fine!! Karen shouts back.

I mentally grin. How stupid can humans be!

-What happened?? Jane asks again.

-Just helped a little bird! It could have died... she muttered.

No I wouldn't have died, I would have revived.... Damn! They understand nothing!!

-Let's hope you didn't just save Envy! the pipsqueak joked.

-Of course of course! If I did I think I'd have known, right? she giggled.

I will not comment this. Idiots....
The girl walks into the house and climbs up the stairs to reach her friends. She then sets me on the window.

-Do you think you can fly little bird?

As I'm about to answer, Jane cuts the discussion.

-Karen can I talk to you please? Take the bird too.

She doesn't understand and just nods.

-Of course....

The two girls leaves toward a desert square, where Jane takes me brusquely from Karen's hands.

-Wait what are you-

-This small bird is Envy! He's got purple eyes Karen!!

-But even if-

-We cannot let him go like that! Or we have to crush him down while he's harmless!

-Jane listen to me I-

-Don't you think he created enough problems already?!

-Don't blame him because of the fifth lab thingy and the fact you became a homunculus!!! she suddenly shouts.

Jane steps back, taken aback.

-What?

-You should know... Even better than me... You know the story right?!

Jane's POV

I don't understand. I look at the bird in my hand. It sure is Envy. But what is the author's OC trying to tell me? This author's too crazy I can't follow her idea!!

-What do you mean....?

-Think about it Jane!

I try to remember facts bout Envy from the book. Well he was one of my fav characters, but not as much as the Elric brothers.... Then the images of his pitiful death come back in my mind. I reconsider her words as I stare at the small bird. He's...

-Envious. Of humans.... I state looking away, and according to the story, he'll die... By Roy Mustang's hand.

This time, it's Karen who's shocked. What's understandable. From what I know, the author made her the lil sis of Roy Mustang. Imagine, your brother getting so angry he becomes crazy?

-I see.... she whispers.

Envy's POV

Wait wait wait. I'm gonna die? By the flame guy's hand? A joke! That must be a joke! I'm not gonna die yesterday or after! I'm immortal! And who said I'm envious of humans? Those worthless creatures? Nah that's something to disturb me, to reveal myself! It won't work so easily!

-I'm... Kinda sorry... Jane apologizes.

-Why? Karen asks.

-I don't know... I've got the feeling I am...

The black haired girl laughed a little.

-Also sorry then...

What does those two have? Apologizing for nothing?? Humans... I growl mentally and Jane hands me to Karen.

-You know... I do believe the author is so crazy that-

-Who's the author?

-.... Forget forget!! Jane quickly says embarrassed.

Karen smiles and takes me in her hands, delicately.

Jane's POV

-It seems you care a lot about him, I note smirking slightly.

-Ah erm... she blushes a little, not that much....

I laugh.

-Then what's the red on your cheeks? Eh?

-Nothing!! Let's go back to the house!!

I keep laughing as we do so. The author is crazy, indeed. That's why I'm sure....

-Jane!!! Save us!!! I hear as we come back home.

Edward and Alphonse are training with their master, but it rather looks as if they're being attacked.... I laugh again.

-You're strong! And she's your master! I can do nothing for you!

-But!! they complain.

I laugh and look over at Karen, who's still holding the bird.

Envy's POV

I don't know.... Maybe.... Maybe I can live like that finally....? But don't think anything weird! I'm not envious of humans...

//hey there! Sorry for not posting last week, I just couldn't... I think this story might end soon, I dunno... I'll see!! See ya!!