Chapter 23 : Fifth Laboratory (part 2)

I fall on the floor, nearly unconscious, as I watch Edward being beaten. And I can't do anything. I feel weak, useless, all those thing I wanted to forget when I chose to come here. I sigh and feel tears coming in my eyes, blurring my view. I lean on my hands and try to stand a little, only to fall back on my stomach, hitting my head in the floor.

-Ed... Ward.....

I am supposed to know he won't die, would you say. But I have the right to be worried for my friends no? Plus, even I I know he'll survive, it's still hard to see him like that!! Edward is sent away by the armor, who chides to come toward me.

-You seem a great prey to slice right?~

-Go away...!!

I gather all my strength to punch him in the chest before falling back, making him laugh. It didn't even make a sound....

-Weak! You're weak! You can't even stay stood! Yeah, I'll kill you!

-Hurry up and finish her, the head says.

-Yes brother! I know!

My leg suddenly begins to hurt again and I roll in my back to dodge the mortal blade. Then, the armor explodes. When it's cut into two pieces, I see Edward in front of me, handing me a hand to help me standing up. I take it smiling.

-Thanks...

-It's okay, you're still new with alchemy. But you really helped you know?

-Well thanks again! I'm not really useful....

-Don't say that!

-Be careful Edward, there will be other enemies, I warn him.

-Strong?

-They'll beat you.

-Ow....

I smile.

-Don't worry, you'll just end in hospital.

-That's reassuring!!

I laugh. Then, the helmet coughs a little, indicating it's still here. We turn ourselves toward it.

-You won shr-

-I'm not small!!!

-Anyway, you won. I'll tell you everything.

I pull his coat lightly.

-They'll come soon.... I mutter.

He nods.

-Tell me.

I jump on the helmet before Lust can pierce it with her nails and roll on the floor before landing on the wall and hitting my head.

-Ow... I complain.

-Ara ara...~ who is that?~ Lust asks coming toward me.

I don't answer, hugging the helmet tighter. She slowly and painfully pierces my shoulder with one of her nails, owning a shout from me. Few tears fall. She rubs my bones and muscles with her nails, making me shout louder and in pain. Is it even possible to be in so much pain? I'm suffering. I'm suffering right now.

-Please.... Stop.... I cry.

-No, young girl. Give me the helmet first.

-Never!! You won't kill him!!

She nearly cuts my arm when Edward comes and kicks her, sending her flying. He runs toward me wincing.

-You okay Jane?!

I nodded slowly holding my shoulder looking at the blood. I'm scared. I'm so scared. I don't want to die....

-Lust, can I eat her? Gluttony asks making me shout in fear.

-Have a nice meal Gluttony~

-NOOOOOOO!!!! I scream covering my head and the helmet as he runs toward me.

Edward stands in front of me d stops the homunculus before he can eat me.

-Jane run away!!

-I... I can't!!! I said I'd stay with you Edward!!

-It's not the moment, take the helmet and the armor and go away!!

-I can't!!!

I hear a sigh.

-Humans are so stupid right Lust?

Envy. Of course, who else. I realize, but too late, he's going to kill and torture the other armor brother. With all the strength I still have, I stand up and tackles him to protect the armor, then take it and run in a corner of the room.

-You won't kill those two!!

-Why not?

-Because they're human!!!

-Stupidities!! They're souls we out in an armor! You are the humans, and you're gonna die!!

-I like being human!! You're a homunculus what can you tell me anyway?!

He backs a little.

-Wait, you know who we are?

-Homunculi!! Seven homunculi with sins names!!

Edward looks at me.

-Homun... Culi...??

-Yeah. I'll explain you later. I.... Can't... Right now.... I say falling into my knees looking at the blade in my stomach.

-You know too much. You have to die, Envy explains removing his hand.

I gasp coughing blood, my eyes wide opened and my vision blurred. I feel so cold.... I look up at Edward, who is running toward me. He is talking but I don't hear him. Dammit I don't want to die. I don't want to die.... I think he's telling me to hold on. I narrow my eyes lightly and with all I have in my arms I push him away before Envy can kick him. So his foot lands on my bleeding stomach. I gasp again looking at him tiredly. I feel other tears coming and I can't help them. Is it wrong to just want to live... I want to live... The helmet and the armor are still here at least, I don't think the homunculi killed them. Somehow, between my tears, I find a way to smile a little. I touch my cold automail leg. I would have wanted so much to tell Winry she was the best mechanic ever.... And walk with that metal leg... I look at the circle next to me. I would have wanted so much to learn alchemy.... Then I look at Edward. It was so nice to be his friend. I would have wanted so much to live his adventures with him.... I sigh. I am tired. Is it time for me to leave...? I guess so... I take a deep breath and close my eyes slowly, watching Edward's face as he tears up. Ah no... Don't cry.... I bring my hand to his cheek to shed his tears.

-Don't cry.... Professor... I smirk.

-Don't be kidding!! You can't leave us!!!

-Humans are so weak... Envy mutters, finish her, Lust.

-I thought you liked hearing this kind of things?

-Finish her.

Then my eyes flash open. I don't want to die. So I won't die. I put a hand on my stomach and try to stop the bleeding, looking at my friend.

-Forget it.... I'm not leaving....

-Jane!!

-What? You thought.... I'd die so... Easily...?

//yoooooo~
So, late update again cuz Wattpad.... Lost my work.... Yeah, it didn't save my chapter! So I had to write it all again! Yeah! Hehe! Hope you enjoy anyway!