Chapter 20 : One step further

My eyes widen as I walk in the streets, full of people laughing and chatting. Central... I remember, when I read the manga, I found the town amazing, but now! Now it is.... Just.... Oh my god, I don't even have words to describe it. The huge library of Central in front of me - or rather what is still standing, I mean the dust - and the military building further away, it is beautiful isn't it? Bad that the Promised day will be spent here... So much of the town will be destroyed and lots of innocents and citizens will be killed... But after, everyone will be happy, so it will be amazing! Edward groans.

-Stop moving so much Jane! You'll fall after!

I look down at him. He is carrying me on his shoulders as I can't actually walk.

-Sorry Edward-sensei!! I apologize.

-You don't have to call me that when we are not studying. A simple Edward is fine.

-Alright Edward!

We walk toward the military. When we pass the door, Edward forgets me and I hit my forehead because I'm higher than the door.

-Edward!! It hurts!! Plus, how can I hit my forehead?? You're so small!!

He turns his head toward me, annoyed by the "small" word.

-Who are you calling so short he can't even reach a book on a shelf

-Who are you calling so short he can't even reach a book on a shelf...?!?!?!

I look away and point a military coming toward us.

-Hey Edward! It's Hughes!

He looks up at the military I am pointing and nods happily heading toward him.

-Hey Edward! Alphonse! And.... Who?

-I'm Jane! I answer, a friend and Edward's student!

Hughes looks at Edward, his glasses shining as he takes his chin between two fingers.

-Edward... You became a man...

-Wh-what?? No no no!!! She's just a student!!!

I chuckle, seeing Hughes is just teasing my friend.

-Anyway, you wanna see cute pictures of my-

Edward turns himself toward the exit quickly as Alphonse follows him.

-We have to continue our researches!~

I laugh, shaking my head, as Alphonse puts me on the floor and gives me my beguiles.

-You want to walk a little?

I nod and take the wooden sticks to walk. We go to meet a bookworm who worked at the library before it burnt, just like in the manga. This bookworm tells us that a certain Sheska (hah! See? I knew it!) used to work in this alley and that she can maybe help us. But I just remember...

-Hey Edward, Alphonse.... Didn't you have bodyguards here....?

They sweatdrop and I hear a car coming toward us. It stops right in front of us as two persons come out.