Chapter 25 : Two brothers

It's silent. Edward, Alphonse and myself don't talk and we just stare at each other, trying to exchange silent words. But it's not working at all. The armor is leaned on the wall and he seems lost in his thoughts. Edward is doing a staring contest with the milk bottle and I'm just sat on my bed, looking at the two of them. They don't say anything. I know something's wrong... But I can't open my mouth, this would unit them even more, if I did anything, this episode would be ruined. Thus, I take Edward's milk bottle and drink it in front of his widened eyes.

-What? I like milk!

-How can you drink something coming out of a cow???

-I don't know, I just can. Don't thank me okay?

-I know I know, you saved me from an unbearable torture called milked, he sighs playfully.

I chuckle and he laughs with me.

-By the way, when will we study alchemy again, master? I ask smiling.

-When we'll get out of here, Jane. You still have to recover, and me too.

I nod.

-I understand master!

-Plus, you have to get used to your lost eye and all...

-Not a problem! Plus, it's pretty funny!

He sighs again, not playfully this time, shaking his head.

-How can you be happy to lose something?

-Well of course if like to have all my limbs, but in exchange of my leg, I got to stay here in Amestris and meet you guys. In exchange of my eye, I gained power. And that's more than anything I'd expect from Equivalent Exchange.

-I can somehow feel the same, in exchange of my arm, Al was back. But about your power...

-Yes?

-You still have a lot to learn before simply clapping your hands and trying to do alchemy like that!

He snaps his fingers lightly and I giggle.

-Colonel Mutang? I joke.

-As hell if copy this colonel bastard!!

Far from here, in Eastcity military building, a certain rain haired colonel sneezed hardly as his assistant handed him a handkerchief...

We laugh together, but Al isn't sharing our emotions. I clap my hands, thinking about something.

-Weren't you supposed to call Winry for your automail?

-Yeah; you're right! I'll go now!

-Wakt, I come too.... Al states.

The three of us walk toward the hospital phone and Edward dials Winry's phone number, in Resembool. He directly fell on the young girl and explained his the situation the best he could. Of course, I knew it was just a screw error and his automails got broken, but he doesn't know that does he? I chuckle a little at how Winry is nervous at phone. I then notice Al sitting in toilets of a dark corridor. I walk toward him and put a hand in his shoulder.

-Alphonse, don't worry okay? Don't doubt about your origins. Edward would never lie or sacrifice himself to create a little brother. Alright?

-B-but...

-I know what happened. And all ended well, so it's okay right? Don't doubt, your brother is someone good.

He slightly nods before walking toward the roof. I sigh looking at him. I pity those two brothers right now.... I turn myself toward Edward.

-So?

-She'll come check on both our automails when she'll come! Until then....

We come back to our room and lay in the bed before lieutenant Hughes enters in the office. He really is an awesome dad and a lovely husband. I don't want that to happen... But do I have the choice...?

-Yo!! he said.

-Hiya! Edward greets him.

-That's your girlfriend? the lieutenant asks us pointing me.

I shake my head furiously, hiding my face behind my locks.

-Not at all!!!

-Kidding kidding! Who are you?

-Jane, a friend of the Elric brothers!

-Nice to meet you Jane!

He shakes my hand harshly, smiling widely.

-I hope you'll take good care of those two! They're so tiring! Speaking about the devil-

-I'm back, Al says entering and sitting on a wall.

Ow... He doesn't seem great...

***

We stay like this in the hospital during a little  less than three days, because Winry came and everything went fast.

First, Edward was doing a staring contest with a milk bottle.
Then everybody wanted him to drink it for him to get taller.
He said:
-You're lucky Al, you don't need to drink milk to get tall!

-But me, I didn't choose this body!! he shouted before running away.

Now, I'm watching those two fighting on top of the hospital. They're so hopeless.... Can't they be happy together rather than fighting?? But I smile with Winry.

-Those two... she sighs.

I nod, agreeing with her, as they both fall on the cold floor. Hughes reaches out couples of minutes later.

-What are they doing?

-Relaxing after a fight. Edward won.

-Oh I see!

Try then begin t talk about when they were children and they often fought about stupid things, like who would marry Winry. I laugh at this episode. Edward admits that he has something to tell his brother and tells him he is worried he might not forgive him because of this iron body. Fortunately, he is fine like that, and he counts his brother about his doubts. Winry is kinda horrified. She doesn't understand how he could think this.
We stand there, us three, looking at the two brothers under the blue sky. I smile. This succeeded.

//maybe one of the shortest chapter ever...
I'm angry against myself for that...
I hope you'll enjoy even if my writing skills are bad tonight!