Chapter 24 : Fifth laboratory (part 3)

-No, I didn't think you'd die easily.... Edward says looking suspiciously at me, I just thought you were too weak to fight.....

Indeed, I am tired because I overused alchemy while I am at a low level, and I have actually a huge wound in the stomach so how can I fight?? Please, explain me how I can fight.... I notice my beguiles not too far from me and grab them, attempting to stand up. But you know, with this cut.... I cough some blood and I also am bleeding profusely. There is a little red puddle under me and, if I wasn't so bad, I would be laughing hardly right now. But I smirk anyway, glaring at the homunculi.

-I know Edward..... But I can't.... Die right now....

-True enough you can't die. But I have a question, what's the most painful between nerves connection with automails and a hole in the belly?

-Ow.... Both.... I groan holding my tummy.

He chuckles and pushes me lightly to dodge Lust's spears, just in time so only my cheek gets cut lightly. I groan in pain again d hit the floor harshly. You would say that I'm often laid on the floor, hurt or tired. Then what? I'm just a human.... I close my eyes a little, feeling a warm feeling - but cold at the same time - and immediately open them again. I can't fall asleep, or I may die. And I don't want. I lean on my beguiles to stand up and cough again. I am really getting pissed off myself, I can't bear this weakness anymore! I feel something hitting me behind my head and fall back on the floor. Stop it please....

When I open my eyes, I'm in a white room, in front of my door. I can see the Truth, with my right leg.

-Hey Jane~

-What the hell am I doing here?? I didn't do any human transmutation!!

-I know. But you just said you wanted more power right?

-And so?

-Be careful when you fall next to a transmutation circle.

I try to remember what exactly happened back then and my eyes widen when I realize.

-I.... Slammed my hands on the floor....

-Great stupidity right?

-But I didn't want it!! Please let me go!! I don't want to pay a price again!!

-You said you wanted to be stronger. Then I give you more power and you give me an eye. Deal? You don't have the choice anyway.

I nod. As the Truth says, I don't have the choice. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. No return.

When I reopen my eyes, I'm back in the room, with Edward, watching me with eyes widened and the homunculi. It's weird, I can see with just an only eye. Everything is strange, like if I'm not really in a 3D world, more like in a 2D one. I blink with my... Ah, left eye and look at my stomach. It seems weird, and right it is. I can thank the Truth, as a bonus it healed my wounds. But the pain of my automail connection is still here... I stand up and face the homunculi.

-Why did you do a transmutation?! Edward yells.

-It wasn't on purpose!!

-Dammit be careful when you fall!!!

-But I said I didn't do that on purpose!!

-Damn....

I put a hand on my right eye which is bleeding and gasp when I feel someone in my blind spot I turn around and trip luckily, so I avoid the blade nearly beheading me before rolling and standing up. Edward jumps on Envy, tackling him on the floor, as I draw a circle on the floor and use my alchemy to create spears. Still very very tiring for me but it works... I sigh, panting a little, and look at Edward. He seems to have some problems with his automail actually. Then, I remember Winry forgot a screw..... So his automail is not gonna work in three, two, one... A loud metal noise resonates in all the room as his automail is now hanging on his shoulder, uselessly, as he looks at Envy with fear and apprehension in his eyes. The homunculus smirks and kicks him hard in the stomach before I jump and kick him in the head, sending him away a little. I come toward my friend.

-Edward!! You alright??

-Yeah.... But I'm useless...

-I'll try my best.

-By the way silly, you don't need to draw a circle anymore...

-I know but I'm too bad for that.

-Okay I- Jane behind you!!

I turn around and punch Envy in the stomach before grabbing his arm and turning it, going behind his back and making him shout. You remember? I've already told you I did martial arts right? He glares at me before changing his arm into a snake. I jump back, scared and disgusted, as the snake becomes a blade. He walks toward me and I back until I feel the wall behind me.

-So little human? You're scared eh?

I can't even answer. I escaped death once, but I know it wouldn't be the same now.... But I look at him right into his eyes.

-Yes, and?

-I find it funny, how you're scared and brave at the same time~

He lightly touched my blind eye, making me wince in pain.

-It hurts eh? Yes, I like this painful expression~

I grab his wrist, pressing as much as I can with my small strength but earning a groan from him. He roughly removes it d punched me hardly in the face.

-How dare you-

-Envy, the building is collapsing, Lust notes as a huge rock falls next to us.

-Shit....

I come toward Edward, taking his hand so we can run away, but Envy quickly reached us and kicks both of us behind the head, making us faint.

Some times later, I find myself in a hospital room, laying in a bed with Edward in the one next to me. He is still sleeping and I smile. I then notice Alphonse.

-Yo Alphonse! Everything alright?

-M-mmh.....

-You sure?

-Mmh....

I remember he has problems and doubts about himself.... That's gonna bring problems...

//heyo dear readers!! This is the last part (finally!!) of the fifth laboratory! Hope you like it!
By the way, we reached over than 700 views!! I love you so much!!
See ya next week!