Chapter 1

Your POV

I was roaming down the aisles that were filled with food of all sorts a few months ago... Now ? They were empty, or most of them were. I was looking for any kind of supplies that could help me survive a little longer... Live a little longer...But what for ?

I had move to Battery City a few years ago, with my family, or more like my mother because my father had left long time ago... I had met a couple of really awesome people, and most of my friends lived here too. Although, that is before Better Living industries, BLind, came and destroyed everything...

I stopped and saw a box filled with canned fruit. They didn't look tainted so I took them and pursued my journey to find more edible food.

Time Skip ~

After 3 hours of searching for provision, I came back to the Staff room where I kept all my stuff. Behind a counter was my backpack, I put all the things that I could have find and that might be useful in it and swing it on my shoulders.

I have to go. I have to leave this place like everybody else has. There's nothing left for me here. I have lived in this store for months, and now, I have to find another place where I can stay. Another place that would help me survive... Survive ? But, what for ? What is there left for me on this Earth ? Everything has been taken by BLind, what am I suppose to do ? It might would have been easier if I had just... No ! What am I thinking ?! I need to find other people ! People that'll help me get through this, and I'll help them ! I must stay strong !

I gather all my things and walked out of the room. Looking around one more time to see if I hadn't miss an aisle. Which I knew I had not but, better safe then sorry, right ? Then, I made my way to the door of the shop and said goodbye to the place that had become my home...

I had not seen anyone since I entered this store, except for some rats and occasional flies that were getting increasingly rare. But I kept thinking that, one way or another, I'll find somebody... Or they'll find me.

Crack !

« Hello ? Is there anybody here ? » I called.

No anwser... It was probably just a rat... I opened the door and, that's when it struck me... Where am I suppose to go ? I know that there is a canal not too far from here, but that's all... Well, might as well go there and see where to go next. I walked a couple minutes until I reached my destination.

« Now, where to... ? » I said as I put my hand up to hide my eyes from the sun which was dazzling.

I suddenly felt like there was someone, or something behind me. Before I could tourn around a hand came to my mouth and something that seemed like a gun rested on the side of my head in the 'Don't move and/or scream or I'll kill you right away' mannner. My heart was beating faster than ever before. Then came an unknown voice, or I thought I didn't knew it :

« Good job ! Now let's see who succeeded at keeping herself under the radars... »

I felt the gun slowly move away from my temple and the hand go from my mouth to my shoulder and make me turn around. I could make out figures, more like shadows standing in front of me but the sun was too bright and my eyes started to hurt again. I place my hand back to the side of my head and that's when I knew where the silence was coming from... Before I could stop, this simple word left my lips:

« Dad ?! »