Thirty-Five

August

I heard around the block about Kaelyn and Chris and the shit ain't fly with me. Kaelyn been calling me, but I ain't answer. I don't want to talk to her. She can go be happy with Chris. To get my mind off of it, I'm taking Naomi to the zoo, but I'm keeping her far away from them gorillas. I was down stairs making breakfast for us while she was sleeping. As I cooked, Chandra called me. She don't never call me now unless it's something with Kaelyn or very rarely the girls.

"If it's 'bout Kaelyn, ion wan'na hea' it." I answered putting her on speaker.

"August, you're being too sensitive." she complained. "Its just a video. Your acting like she sleeping with the guy, or something."

"Chandra, all you do is call me to complain for Kaelyn."

"Because you never want to answer her or vice versa." she said. "Hold on."

I heard her talking to the girls in the back. "Aug, we'll talk later. The girls want to face time you."

"Aight." and with that I hung up and waited on them to face time. I turned off the oven taking out the sausage and turned off the finishing the eggs. The girls called and I quickly answered, making Naomi a small plate.

"Hey, Uncle August!" KayKay shouted into the screen.

"Hey, baybeh." I laughed.

"I miss you."

"I been working, baybeh."

I talked to them until Naomi woke up and she talked to them. Seeing how Chandra takes care of the girls makes me think about Tori, Naomi's mom. Tori was a very... outgoing person. Her family wasn't very fond of me because I was in the streets of New Orleans, but she didn't care. She was the best thing that ever happened to me, aside from Naomi. I hate drunk drivers.

Kaelyn

I've been trying to call August but he doesn't want to talk, obviously. I don't have time to really worry that much about him. He's making a big deal out of nothing. It's not like I'm sleeping with him. He asked me to go out with him today, for lunch. I told him I needed to spend time with Brooklyn. I really miss spending time with my baby.

She's still sleeping at the moment with her head on my chest. I rubbed my hand through her curly hair. I really missed her. This little girl means the world to me. Whenever I finish with Chris' video, I'm taking a vacation, just us. I slowly slid from under her going into the bathroom. I started my water for a bath and threw in a Lush bath bomb. I need a relaxer.

While letting my water fill up, I texted August.

To August

I'm not about to force you to talk to me.

I started to type extra, but decided against it. No need for extra drama. I turned off the faucet and got into the black bath tub with the intergalactic bath bomb. The hot water relaxed me even more. I slipped down deeper into the tub with my hair in a high messy bun. I needed this.