Thirty-Three

Kaelyn

"I'm Pamela. You must be Kaelyn?" she said with a wide smile as she stuck her hand out to shake mine. I nodded and shook her hand.

"We've been waiting for you to arrive." she announced stepping aside so that I could sit somewhere. I almost melted seeing Chris' beautiful, lightly freckled face. I looked around and saw that the only empty seat was right next to Christopher. My face was beginning to get hot and maybe a little red. I walked over to the seat next to Chris and took a seat. He was looking down at his phone until I sat down and he flashed a smile.

"Excuse me." someone projected getting everyone's attention. "This is Kaelyn Ahmed, she will be working with us on this project." the guy said and I smiled softly.

The meeting went by pretty quickly. At the end, I grabbed my things and headed out the door, calling Keyara to come pick me up.

"Um, Kaelyn right?" I heard a slight raspy voice say.

Christopher.

"Yea." I smiled. "Wanna go for lunch? I want to get to know you."

Who could say no to Christopher ?

"Um, sure." I agreed then texted Keyara.

To Keyara

Going out for lunch I'll text you when I'm on my way.

After sending the message I followed Christopher out of the door and to his car. It was really nice, honestly. Soothing turquoise color on the outside, black leather seats on the inside. As I took a seat inside, the smell of apples hit my nose. It was very clean and neat inside. When he stepped to his side and got in, we drove away. The ride was quite quiet, like an awkward type of quiet.

"So, where you from?" he asked breaking the silence.

"I'm from here." I quickly answered.

"When did you move to Miami?"

"About three years ago." I hesitated.

He chuckled. "You don't gotta be nervous around me."

He looked over at me and licked his bottom lip.

"You don't gotta be nervous around me." Cedric chuckled. Many thoughts were running through my mind. I've never even met this guy, and I'm already in his car.

I just smiled at him and looked out the window.

I looked at Chris and my heart dropped. I quickly turned my head to look out of the window and I swear I saw Cedric. I just squeezed my eyes shut.

"You good?" Christopher asked. I nodded slowly breathing. I really wish I could be with Brooklyn right now. She would put a smile on my face. Once we arrived, he got us a table in a corner, secluded from everyone.

"What you ordering?" he asked. I chuckled.

"I don't know, I haven't looked yet."

"Well, I'm getting buffalo wing basket. I get it every time I come here." he said.

"Well, I guess I'll get that." I answered.

"How old are y-" he started before the ringing of my phone interrupted him.

"Sorry." I said. As rude as it may be, I took the call at the table, not wanting to get up.

"Hello?" I picked up. Brooklyn's loud voice spoke to me. "Baby, I'm on a business trip."

She asked a million and one questions before finally saying goodnight. "Goodnight, babe. I love you, too. I promise to call you in the morning."

She wouldn't let me hang up until I said "With a cherry on top." When I hung up, I had a smile on my face.

"You have a boyfriend?" he asked, probably because of the conversation.

"No, a daughter." I answered nervously, yet confidently.