Thirty-Two

Kaelyn

Something didn't feel right about being in New York, but we just landed. Maybe it's the cooler atmosphere or because I haven't been here in a while. Keyara and I hauled a cab. When it came he took us to the hotel that Chris' manager's assistant, I forgot her name, booked for us. It was really nice. I payed the driver and we got our bags, getting out.

"Omg, I can't believe we really about to meet Christopher Brown." Keyara squealed. I shook my head at her followed by a chuckle.

"Keyara, you need to act professional." I said. We got a key to our room, and went up. The meeting was just down the street from here and it's already 6:42. I need to get dressed and settled. I rushed into the bathroom to quickly freshen up and get dressed. I didn't want to smell like an airport. After I finished, I walked out to see Keyara sprawled out on one of the beds, flipping through channels.

"Keyara, I'm about to head out." I announced grabbing my bag, door key and my phone.

"K, be careful." she said and I nodded. "Wait, I think I should come with you."

"Chris doesn't want you, Key." I chuckled. She laughed before saying "No, it's not him. Something just doesn't feel right."

"Well, hurry. I gotta go." I said looking at the watch on my wrist that read 6:54. I sighed. First impressions are everything.

"Keyara, hurry up." I groaned lowly. As if on cue, she walked out fully dressed.

"K, come on." she said. We had little to no time to locate Uber so we just need to catch a taxi. I walked out and there was an empty taxi. The guy driving was just on his phone, so I knocked on the window. He looked up and motioned for us to get in. It seemed as if everything was falling into place.

"Where to?" he spoke. He was clearly from New York. His accent was evident.

"Regus Manhattan on Hudson." I said and he began driving. I looked out the windows with a smile. I really missed this. The noise, the people, just the whole environment. I remember when we used to go visit my cousins in Pennsylvania. Sometimes we'd be back the same day. And sometimes we would go to Niagara Falls. And we always would have snowy Christmas'. The taxi stopped and I saw we had reached the building.

"I'll pay him." Keyara said. I was already late so I had no time to debate about it. I just thanked her and ran up the steps into the lobby. There was a receptionist there doing nothing.

"May I help you?" she asked in a very nonchalant tone.

"Um, I'm here for a meeting with Chris Brown." I said pulling my skirt down a bit.

"Yes. Room 143. Go down this hallway and it's the second room on the left." she said gesturing to where I needed to go. I thanked her and speed walked there. I knocked on the door lightly and was met by a beautiful lady with blonde hair and blu-ish gray eyes. This is it.