Two

Kaelyn

I knocked on my sister, Keyara's, front door. When she came to open it, I hugged her, put my stuff on the couch and walked upstairs. Her daughter, Seattle, was in her dance room dancing. She stopped and looked over at me.

"Oh, hey, Auntie." Seattle greeted me. She smiled then continued dancing.

"Hey. You're getting better." I said to my niece with a smile.

"Thanks. I have a competition this weekend. Are you coming ?" she curiously asked.

"Mhm. I'll be front row watching and I'll be the first to congratulate you ." I nodded assuring her that I'd be there.

"Thanks." she said running over and hugging me. "Come watch me." she said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the room. Either I'm short or she's tall because she's half my height. Maybe more. I sat down at the back of the studio. She started a stand that I'd never seen before until now. When she finished , she came and sat by me.

"That was good , Seattle. " I smiled, clapping.

"Thank you. " she stated returning the smile.

"The babies are competing?" I asked her.

"Mhm. I'm nervous, though." she sighed.

"Girl, for what? Y'all slay!" I reassured her causing her to let out a laugh. "But seriously, don't be nervous. You'll do fine." I said kissing her forehead.

"But , Auntie-" she started before I cut her off.

"Ahp , ahp , ahp. No buts." I said.

"We're competing against the big girls." she said with a straight face.

"Okay? Y'all will still bring home the win." I told her hugging her. "Babe, I gotta go get Brook. You coming ?" I said standing up.

"No. My team is coming over to practice." she told me before rolling over onto her stomach and standing up from a pushup position.

"Alright. Good luck, Seattle. I'll ride the bus with you." I said to her walking to the door.

"Thank you and okay." she said nodding her head.

"I love you." I said walking out.

"I love you, too." she yelled out the door.

I feel so bad for Seattle. She's stressing over this. That's ridiculous. She's a 8 year old captain. I think she just needs to have faith in herself and her team. I went to the play room and found Brooklyn playing with my nephew, Jamal. I stood in the doorway watching them roll all over the floor, Brooklyn doing everything Jamal did. I walked away to the restroom down the hall and did what I had to before returning back to my spot in the doorway.