Four

Seattle

Why me? This is just not my day. First, I️ was stressing over dance. Now, she won't come to my competition? Why does everything happen to me? It's the last one and I want her there to see me dance and take pictures. She always puts Michael before us. I hate that. He has a son anyway , so why's he here? He should be sending him money or buying diapers, like my brother's Daddy used to do, not trying to marry my Mommy. Everything changed because of him. She doesn't support me. I'm captain. The captain's mom should be there supporting the team. I heard someone coming to my door , so I locked it. After locking the door , I sat in my bathroom , writing in my diary.

Dear Seacash (what she calls her diary) ,

My mom got a new boyfriend. I don't like him, even though I didn't even get to know him. I knew my mom's attention would go on him. And it did. When he's here it's always like go get him this, that, this, that like he has legs he can do it himself he not handy cap. I hate this.

~ Sincerely , Seattle

Somehow , Auntie K managed to get in. She told my mom to stay outside. I heard her footsteps walking in my bathroom. Nobody knows I hide here besides her. She knows me better than anybody. I watched as she entered the my bathroom and sat beside me.

"You can't stay here forever. I've tried it." she sighed.

"Why does everything always have to be about Michael? Why can't I have my own daddy? Like my friends." I whispered to her with tears rolling down my face.

"Seattle, everything happens for a reason. Just because you don't have a daddy now doesn't mean you never did. Your dad loved you very much. He's watching over you right now. He's watching when you cry, when you sleep, even when you dance. I know it. Believe it or not your dad did everything in his power to have custody of you. That man loved you and he still does. Remember that." she said to me holding me in her lap as I rested my head on her chest.

"Bu-" I started before she cut me off.

"No but's. He loves you no matter what. " she reassured me.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Stop crying, munchkin." Auntie Kae said wiping my tears away.

"I love you." I managed to get out with a small giggle.

" I love you, more. Now go get the dance room ready. The girls are almost here." she smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Alright." I said getting up to leave out of my room.

"Oh, God." I heard her mumble before I walked out.