Twenty - Five

Kaelyn

Jeremy and I spent that day together and he went back to his hotel. He grew a bond with Brooklyn so she isn't as shy around him anymore. I told Jeremy I wanted to move to Atlanta , not for August. Actually , he's been the least of my worries. I still associate with the girls and Cha. Jeremy and I are going to hang out with Jocelyn today since she's free. It used to always be the three of us back in New York , although I've always been closer to Jeremy. Kastyn said she'd keep Brooklyn for me. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I started up a bubble bath for myself and Brooklyn. My bathtub is about the size of an actual hot tub. I went across the hall to her room as I let the water fill the bath.

"Brooklyn , wake up , baby." I said tapping her leg through the blanket. She squirmed a little. I pulled back her blanket and sat on her bed.

"Brook." I said shaking her.

"Mm." she whined turning her body.

"Brooklyn." I said picking her up and sitting her on my lap. Her head began to slump over. She wrapped her legs and arms around me laying her head on my chest.

I just stood up with her still on me. I went her closet and lie her down on the mini couch in there. Why does she have a mini couch and I don't ? Spoiled. I looked around her closet trying to find some clothes for her. It's kind of warm and humid out here in Miami so I picked out a pair of shorts and a shirt that said 'take me to the beach'. I picked her up and grabbed her clothes. I walked out of her room into mine. I nearly forgot the water was running. I quickly put Brooklyn down on the bed and ran to turn it off. The bubbles were really high at this point. I sighed heavily. Being a single mother is super hard. Doing all of this alone is hard. I went back to try and wake up Brooklyn. This time , she woke up - halfway. By the time she gets in the water she'll wake up. She wobbled , almost falling over , to the bathroom. I went and got our towels and she just stood there. Eyes droopy , playing with her belly button. We got out of our clothes and got in the bathtub. After about a good five minutes , she was fully awake.

"Mama , I want that duck." she said.

"Then get it." I told her.

She got up to get it , giggling her way through the bubbles. I waited for her to sit down before turning on the water jets. She kept making duck noises. Quack , quack , quack. I laughed at her silliness.

"Mama, where's Daddy ?" she said playing with the duck.

"Daddy's busy baby." I lied. I hate lying to her. Hell , I don't know what he's doing , nor do I care.

"Why?" she asked. Fuck.

"I don't know, babe. Just come on so we can go." I said grabbing her wash cloth. The whole time I was bathing her , I thought about August. I don't understand why I'm thinking about him. I'm trying to move on. I keep trying to tell myself he's not good for me , but it just somehow wont go through my head. Damn , August. Why the fuck did you have to be so perfect ?