Chapter 17

"Come on, it'll be fun."

"No," I say sternly.

"Pleaseee?" He begs.

"Oliver, I said no." I glance over at him to see his puppy dog face. Rolling my eyes, I look out the window and hug my knees to my chest. "Fine. I'll play 20 questions with you." He smiles as his gaze adverts back to the road. We've been in the car for about an hour, and he refuses to pull over to let me pee.

"Okay um... I'd ask if you were a virgin, but I already know the answer to that." I glare at him, making him grin. "What's your favorite animal?"

"Fox."

"How many guys have you dated?"

"Six." I catch him raise his eyebrow out of the corner of my eye.

"Six guys? I need details, Summer."

"I don't really like talking about them..." I say, almost as a whisper. Just the mere thought of a certain ex of mine made me want to cry then and there. He awkwardly clears his throat.

"You know what? How about we listen to some more music." Without my response, he turns up the radio and we listen to the Top 20 the rest of the way there.

~

"Here we are," Oli says with a smile, getting out of the car and opening the door for me. I hop out an look around. We were definitely not at the beach.

"Um...Oliver?"

"Yes, dear?" He laughs.

"I thought you said we were going to the beach."

"Technically, we are." Without explaining any further, he takes my hand and drags me up a small hill. On the other side was a boating dock, where I recognize the rest of Bring Me The Horizon. They catch our stares and wave. I awkwardly wave back as Oli leads me down to them. "Guys, this is Summer. Summer, this is-"

"We've heard so much about you!" Lee interrupts with a bright smile. I smile as Matt Nicholls steps up.

"I'm Matt," he introduces. "And this is Lee, Matt, and Jordan."

"Hello!" Oli clears his throat.

"We should get the boat started." The guys agree and they all easily jump up on the boat, but my shortness didn't help the situation. I tried to swing my leg over, but I got stuck halfway and couldn't pull myself up.

"Need some help, love?" Matt N laughs, extending his hand out towards me. Before I can accept, a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist and I'm swiftly lifted onto the boat. I turn back to see Oliver standing behind me, letting his grip on me go.

"She's fine." There's an awkward silence between the two while I'm secretly blushing. Matt gives me a small smile before walking away. The other Matt starts up the boat while Lee and Jordan untie the boat to the dock, and within minutes we're heading out into the ocean.

"So," Jordan says once we all take a seat at the front of the boat, "how old are you, Summer?"

"Almost 21," I say happily. He nods, giving a smug look to Oli.

"Have you told her yet, Oliver?" Oli gives him the dirtiest glare I've ever seen.

"Tell me what?" I ask curiously, looking over at Oli who was right next to me.

"He wa-" Lee starts, but Matt N cuts him off by smacking his hand over his mouth.

"Nothing," he says quickly. I glance at Oliver for an explanation but he just nods, agreeing with Matt.

Great. Now I'm going to have to get it out of them the hard way.