Chapter 5

It was now the end of my shift, and the sun had somewhat come out. I was just collecting my things as I hear a familiar voice. "Ready?" My head shoots up to see Oliver standing in front of me, smiling.

"For what?" I ask.

"For Dairy Queen, duhh." I narrow my eyes at him. "Remember our deal? You skated to me and I agreed to take you to Dairy Queen."

"I didn't know you were serious," I argue.

"Do I look like someone who's capable of being serious, love?" I shake my head. So far, I've never seen his serious side. "I purposely walked here, leaving my car at my house. You said you drove here, so I thought we'd just drive in yours." I sigh, giving in.

"Fine. But let's get this straight. It's not a date." He chuckles, stuffing his hands in his pockets again.

"As you wish, princess."

"Don't call me that."

"What do you have against princesses?" He asks, clearly amused.

"They're perfect. I hate people who think they're all that. Like you."

"Trust me, babe. It may not seem like it, but I definitely have my flaws."

"Like what, being an asshole? Or playing girls and breaking their hearts? Or only liking a girl for their body, and not giving a shit about what kind of person they are?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring up at him.

"I like you, don't I? I hate to break it to you, darling. But you're not the curviest girl." I smack his arm and throw my hands up in the air.

"I'm so done with you."

"Really?" He asks. "Wow. Most girls don't usually say that until after the bed."

"Are you indicating that you're only bothering me so you can get laid?" I ask, my voice gradually getting louder.

"I don't pressure girls into bed with me," he explains calmly. "They just fall for me and then magic happens. But don't worry, love. Sooner or later you're gonna give in," he says, winking at me with a sly smile. I smack him upside the head.

"You know what? You can walk home. Screw Dairy Queen. I'm leaving." I hop over the counter and shove the flowers he brought me earlier. "There was this beach 'babe' that just walked out of here. Might wanna catch up to her before you miss your chance of getting laid for the millionth time," I spat, walking past him and leaving him standing there with his jaw to the ground.

(A/N: I'm sorry it's so short and boring...I just haven't updated in a while! Can I get some feedback? Or not...? Kay, thanks for reading! n.n)