32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.

Start from the beginning

"I just wish I could change things. I wish Tessa was still alive and I wish we were all back in our village. I'd give anything for that now."

"I know." Madelina gently rubbed Adelina's back as she cried. "I know. I'm here for you any time you need to talk. Just please try to find some peace within yourself."

"I just need time to heal and tyr to find that peace but I am not sure I know how." Adelina sniffled and wiped the tears from her face. "I think maybe I will go for a walk and get some fresh air."

"I'll be here when you get back."

Adelina nodded before grabbing her coat off the hanger by the front door and strolling out into the crisp air. She lifted her nose and inhaled the spicy scent of the woods. Pine drifted through her nose making her think of her father. The woods were quiet as Adelina let her legs carry her farther away from everything. After a while she stopped and found herself standing in front of a large pine tree. She grabbed at some of the needles letting them fall into her hand. She held it up to her nose taking in as much of the smell that she could.

"You like the smell of pine too?"

Startled Adelina jumped and whirled around, stumbling before a pair of arms grasped at her, steadying her.

"I didn't mean to frighten you." Folke stated. "I thought you had heard me come up behind you."

"It's okay. I was lost in my own thoughts and I'm a little jumpy anyway." Adelina walked away from the tree. Finding a tall trunk she rested her back on before plopping to the ground. "I've been a little lost in my own world today. A lot on my mind, you know?"

"Well, as I said before I'm a good listener if you ever need someone to talk to." Folke smiled a gentle smile.

"I don't know how much more I can even say. I just feel lost right now."

"I can let you be and leave in you in some peace if you'd like? I hate to disturb you." Folke questioned.

"No, no I don't necessarily want to be alone. I just feel like the more I talk about my life the more I dwell on everything. I just don't know what to do at this point or say. I just feel so lost right now. What do I even do now? Where do I even go from here? I can't just stay with Aaron and Madeline forever and I have no idea where I'll go or what I'll do. Sorry I know I'm rambling and I'm sure it doesn't make a lot of sense to you."

Folke made his way beside Adelina, placing his body next to hers.

"Ah I understand. I lost my mom and dad when I was a child.. I felt alone. I felt like I'd never make it out of that slump. I think you'll find your way though. You seem strong in many ways. That is more than most people can say. Even though things seem hard, just try to look forward and not back. You'll get it all figured out."

Silence stretched across the two as they sat there.

"I'm sorry about your mom and dad." Adelina said breaking the silence. "It is always hard to lose someone you love."

"It is the hardest thing to go through. I really let myself follow a dark path in life after that. Aaron found me shortly after it happened, but I still acted out. He stepped in and he helped me cope. He trained me and taught me a lot of what I know. I put all my energy into that and I slowly saw the light. I found a way to channel some of that anger, but also release it."

"Training? Like fighting?" Adelina questioned.

"Yeah. Honing in on my strength as a werewolf as well as other things."

"I never have fought a day in my life." Adelina giggled. "I've tried, but I guess others always saw me as weak. Maybe I can talk Aaron into training me and maybe help me discover more of who I am. When I was at the compound towards the end I had something odd happen to me. A power I had never felt. I don't know if Aaron would be able to help me with that but I'd love to figure out how to control it or even where it came from."

"I'm sure Aaron will be willing to train you, but I could help as well if you'd like. If you want to we can train out here a few days each week. It is always quiet in the woods and I can at least teach you a few moves. I don't know much about angels."Folke's lips formed a tight line not meaning to let that slip.

Adelina gasped at the mention of angels. "Aaron had let it slip to me what you are. Nothing to be ashamed of," Folke continued.

"I just didn't know anyone else knew. Do you know anything else about what I am?"

"I don't. I've never met an angel before. I do want to help you Adelina. Let me help train you and let's see what we can find out about these powers of yours." Folke grasped her hand.

Adelina quietly sat there starring into his blue eyes. The lit up as he smiled into hers. Without saying a word she nodded and smiled.

"You mean it?" He questioned. "I think we can teach each other a lot."

"Yes. I mean it. I want to be able to defend myself. I always want to be able to learn more about this 'I'm an angel' business." She giggled.

"We can start tomorrow if you like? Meet up at the waterfall?" Folke exclaimed as he stood up.

"Sounds like a plan." Adelina laughed as he bowed down at her.

"I'll let you have some peace and quiet for now, Adelina. But you better be prepared for tomorrow. I'll go easy on you at first I promise." He winked before he strutted off.

Adelina felt herself smiling wide before a pang of guilt hit her heart. She felt herself getting attached to Folke.

What was wrong with her?

This had to be soon. She couldn't believe her traitor heart was beating faster as she watched him walking away and thought about training.

Surely she couldn't be thinking of him that way.

Could she?

What do you think of Folke? Hate him love him? Or you just want Asmund back? Hmm I wonder what is going on right now in the vampire world ;)

Anyway vote and comment if you enjoyed! Not edited yet.