Eleven • Consumed In Whiteness

Harry

Ebony introduced me to her family unwillingly, her mother and father believing her long lies about our relationship. Her mother kindly cleaned us up--all of our scratches and bruises--now we sit here silently eating her freshly made pot roast. Her mother explained how they were house watching for her grandmother, as she was put in rehab for four months, for becoming an alcoholic.

She's never going to forgive you, Harry. You're a monster like she has reminded you many times. Might as well kill her and forget your feelings- I forcefully slammed the end of my fork that was grasped in my fist against the table, wanting to silence the voice but startled everyone eating dinner. "Sorry," I muttered softly, apologizing for my violent actions.

She's going to tell them what you've done. Kill her before it happens. Kill them-

"So, Harry..." Ebony's mother grinned brightly, distracting me from my negative thoughts. Her mother had the same wide eyes as Ebony, with the same cheekbones that were chubby when they smiled. "How did you two meet?"

I know you want their blood for paintings, Harry... It's your chance. "She met me at my job, asking a simple question that led to it all," I simply stated, placing a bite of food in my mouth wanting to end the unwanted conversation.

"What's your job?" Ebony's mother smiled again, rubbing her palms against the napkin that was laid on her lap. I glanced over towards Ebony, wanting her help with the lies, but she sat there with her head down letting her thick hair cover her face.

"I-"

"What's wrong, Ebony?" Ebony's father interrupted me suddenly, making anxiety fill my chest from trying not to panic. She's about to call you out, end it.

She looked up through her fallen hair, tears leaking from her eyes, quickly traveling down her flushed cheeks. "I don't want to be here..."

"What?!" Ebony's mother surprisingly yelled, her sweet expression turning bitter. "Why? What's wrong?" she rushed her words, wanting to know why her daughter didn't want to be with her family.

"Ebony," I threatened with an intimidating voice, standing up, so I was towering over everyone who was sitting at the dinner table.

Ebony's father quickly stood up, joining me, scraping his chair back loudly, the glass table rattling from his action. "What is going on here?" Kill them all, Harry! Now! Before its too late, you dumbass!

"D-dad," Ebony's fingers trembled over her whimpering mouth, as her voice shook with her cries. I told you so. "He kidnapped me, and-and he-"

My breath was knocked out of my lungs before I could react as my back collided with the wall behind me roughly, making me grunt from the impact. Ebony's dad's wimp figure stood in front of me, holding my throat tightly so I stayed against the wall. "How dare you come into my mother's home!"

I smirked viciously, showing him he wasn't intimidating me, only amusing me with his actions. His grip loosened around my throat, letting me instantly tower over him. "Mm," I swat his bony arm away, making him take fearful steps back, as his small framed glasses didn't sit on his nose right. "Your daughter is so gorgeous, isn't she?" I fed in.

"Don't talk about Ebony like that!" her mother screeched, making my ears ring from the highness of her voice. She wrapped her shaking arms around her daughter's figure, letting them comfort each other.