Nine • Painted Crying

Ebony

Hearing his footsteps slump down the stairs caused panic to rush through my body. "Get in the cell!" I harshly whispered, causing Niall to panic too.

He quickly ran in, placing the wooden limb underneath a cloth, showing a lump through the cloth. The cold bars locked in place as I pushed the door shut, but I didn't lock the lock, knowing it wasn't noticeable.

"Mouse, why are you down here?" Harry lightly chuckled, strutting towards me. When he stepped on the broken chair, his large grin dropped, looking down, staring at the chair remains on the floor with confusion, "What's this?"

"Um..." Oh God, what do I say? "It broke." Am I an idiot?

"I noticed, but why is it broken and down here?" his head snapped up, the right side of his nose twitched up in annoyance, intimidating me.

"It-It was an accident..." my back collided with the cold wall behind me, from stepping back from trying not to be so close to him.

"Why are you trying to get away, then?" he quickly paced towards me, cornering me so his face was almost against mine. He placed his fingers on my chin, tightening them so I couldn't turn my head away any further. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, I swear!" I tried turning my head to get out of his tense grip, but he only tightened them more making me whimper in pain. Why isn't Niall doing anything?

"If you don't-" Harry quickly stopped his sentence, trying to listen closely to something that wasn't right. The door to the cell could obviously be heard as it shrieked open, making the whole room feel tense. I started to hum, trying to block out the noise, but it obviously didn't fool Harry.

Harry let my back slide weakly down the wall as he let me go, letting me rub my fingers over the aching pain on my chin. Harry sharply turned, terrorizing Niall by walking an intimidating way. Niall lifted the wooden piece over his head, not wasting time to swing it over his shoulder and into Harry's arm, both of them grunting with the harsh impact.

Harry cringed to the intense pain, but grabbed the wooden piece and ripped it from Niall's grip making it bounce against the filthy cemented floor. Niall tried backing away into the cell but Harry's hand grabbed Niall's ragged shirt by the collar, pushing him to ground.

Panicking, I rushed towards the wooden piece, gripping it close to my chest. Looking up, my stomach tightened to the sight, making me rush my thoughts on what to do.

Harry sat on top of Niall's stomach, pushing multiple punches into Niall's arms that were wrapped around his head, protecting himself from Harry.

Taking the wooden club, I swung it over my head, then knocking it into Harry's head, causing the piece to fall out from my tight grip and roll onto the ground from the impact. Harry's body collapsed to the floor from the harsh hit, as he laid unconscious, letting me and Niall take a moment of breath.

"W-we need to go, like now," I tugged Niall from the ground, helping him gain his balance as we quickly headed towards the stairs.

As we trotted up the stairs, I could hear Niall's loud grunts from the painful marks on his face. "God, he got me good," he winced in pain as he tried to rub his face with his hand.

"Do you need any bandages?" I turned my attention back to the stairs, trying to lead us farther from this big mess.

"Nah, I'm good," Niall slightly pushed me to the side, walking in front of me, "But follow me, I know where the keys are to get out." Niall began to head up the next set upstairs, leading us to the floor with the bedrooms.