Six • Feelings From the Wrong Person

Ebony

I watched the vein pop through the thin skin of his hand from the amount of pressure he pushed against the weak door. "Why me?" my heart clenched at my pathetic words.

His breaths became deeper, showing he was chuckling under his mask, as he intimidatingly stared down at me, "Look at you, mouse. You looked so... fresh."

My breathing became heavier from his dark words, wanting to just fall to the floor and give up under his feet. "Please, don't-don't turn me into your artwork," my fingers twitched in fear, "I don't want to go out that way."

His hand slid down from his forceful push against the door, stepping closer to me, stopping when he was close enough, "No-no, I only lied, mouse. Yes... at first I wanted your thick blood, but things have changed."

Many questions ran through my head, making me close my eyes in thought, "What would you use my blood for?" I dared to ask, opening my eyes to look up at him, ignoring Tatum's cries from behind me.

He simply chuckled, like our conversation was a normal talk people have between each other. "Remember when you were acting up and you went upstairs?" he rolled his eyes from my behavior, "My secret to my paintings are fresh blood..." he sucked in a breath, "ah... it's texture works wonderfully." So snake's story was right...

I wanted to bend over and vomit against the carpeted ground from shock. This couldn't be real, I couldn't be stuck in a situation like this. He was going to turn me into paint?! "B-blood?! Why?!"

"It's a very long and boring story, so I'll make it simple," he began to trace around the room, his long legs allowing him to take long strides. "When I was a teenager, I loved to paint, but they never came out to my liking. I used water paint, oil, etcetera... but it never hit the spot."

He sat down in the velvet chair, leaning his chin against his knuckles, "No-no, but then one day, it hit me. I needed something thick, like blood... so I cut my wrists and used my own. Depressingly, that didn't work, it didn't fill my cravings. So I used my mother's!" He quickly stood up, clenching the air roughly with his fingertips evilly, "It worked so well, I used her blood until the last... tiny... drop..." he pinched his two fingers together, representing how little he left behind.

I stepped back, not wanting to be near him, knowing he would hurt his own mother. "You killed your own mother?!"

"Close. My whole family, in fact! Everyone I knew! Oh, I made so many paintings I started to sell them!" I could see him mentally patting his back from creating something he dreamed of, even if it took the death of his loved ones.

"What did you do when there was no one else in your family to use, or-or people you knew?" Too late to take that question back...

He slid his right hand down the side of his mask, taking a deep breath, "I bought leather and made my prize possession. My mask. Then went out and kidnaped people and slaughtered them. Isn't it obvious?" It is.

"Why haven't you killed me, then?! Why-why do you have to make me suffer?!" the tears were rushed down my cheeks as I rose my voice, wanting him to answer quickly.

"Can't you see, mouse? I can't hurt you..." he said casually, chills running down my spine.

"Why?!" I became frustrated with his slow and brief responses.

"Because I love you, damn it! I want to hold you! To kiss you! To marry you! To have beautiful children with you!" he threw his arms up, acting as if he was the victim. I couldn't feel my heart beat to his words, his disgusting words.

"I would never do those things with a monster like you! Might as well just kill me!" I yelled, not regretting any word, not being afraid to raise my voice from all of the aggravation built up in me.

"Why were you so blinded?! I wanted to use you for your blood, but I gave you a pet name and fell in love with you!" he explained it over again shortly, realization hitting him how crazy it sounds. "I'm not a monster..." he slowly fell to his knees, gripping his mask in his hands as he let his head fall, ashamed.

"Why would you even think someone would ever fall in love with someone like you?" I snickered, angry tears leaving my eyes, as I watched him break down on the floor.

"You see, your words do not hurt me. They'll never stop me from loving you," he gripped the sides of his mask, continuing to stare at the ground.

"I'll stop you from loving me," I spat, disgusted of thinking of the fact someone like him having feelings for me.

"Then... I'll do it by force!" his hands wrapped around his mask, quickly tugging it off, his piercing eyes meeting mine. Before I had the chance of admiring his beauty in shock, his lips were on my own, forcefully.

My fist connected with his chest trying to shove him off, but it only made him push further into my lips. With the last push, I fell to the ground repulsed of having his taste against my lips, wiping the back of my hand against my lips.

He closed his eyes and dragged his fingertips down his lips, lightly brushing them, "Mmm... you tasted better than what I had ever imagined."

"You're disgusting!" my breaths came out heavy as I stared at his unfamiliar face. How could a man so gorgeous be so corrupted?

He licked his lips slowly like he was teasing himself, making me shudder. "I'm now remembering, we haven't properly met..." he stuck his hand out, making me flinch. "Harry." I tilted my head the other way, ignoring his gesture. "Introduce yourself, or I'll blow your friends brains out over there."

My hand glided in his, his rough skin grazing my own. "Ebony."

"Hm, what a lovely name, but... I seem to like mouse more," he lifted my hand to his lips, then sucked lightly against the back of my hand, leaving a wet print against my skin.

Before I could react, something quickly brushed passed me, startling me. My mouth fell agape, as I felt ashamed how Tatum left me to escape herself. My heart felt broken as I watched her run away, leaving me behind to help herself when I tried saving her.

"Looks like your friend left you... how embarrassing," he stood up, leaving me dumbfounded on the ground. His boots thumped against the floor as he tugged his mask over his head, covering his beautiful face once again. "Maybe you won't feel as bad when I kill her for her blood. I'll even paint your stunning face with her fresh blood..." he picked up his rifle, and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

_____

Not one of my favorite chapters... Anyways, hoped you enjoyed!