Seven • T-Tatum...

Ebony

My body quivered to the sight of the shut door. "H-he just left me? Just like that?" I questioned myself, as I picked at the skin around my fingernail anxiously.

I sucked the air back into my mouth as the floorboards creaked under my light steps, as I stood up. My body squeezed through the opening of the door, as I listen to the deep beats of my heart. "Hello?" I whispered, slightly wanting no one to respond.

My brain fought with itself, as I decided on what to do.

Run or wait...?

My tongue glided against my chapped lips as I tried to push myself to sprint down the hallway, to get far away as possible.

Rip it off like a band-aid, Ebony.

I tried not to slip against the steps as my legs pushed themselves quickly. I really hope this will be the last time I'm running from my home.

The wind hit my body, causing my calves to burn as I pushed against it when I went outside. My tangled hair stuck to my lips, flowing with the wind. My heart dropped as I listened to his husky voice, interrupting my thoughts on escaping. "What do you think you're doing, mouse?"

The breeze of the wind was much louder as we stood there in silence. The dead leaves rustling together against the ground, my loud heart beat joining it. "What do you mean-"

"Don't play stupid with me!" he raised his voice, it coming closer as I began to panic. "I told you that I love you and you're trying to leave me again?!" his thick fingers gripped my hair, roughly pulling my head back to look at him.

"Don't touch me!" I turned my body to shove him off, making him almost slip against the wet dirt. "L-love me?! If you love me, you'd let me go. Let me... let me go, damn it!"

His breath shook under his mask, "Let you go? And why the hell would I do that?" His loud laughs rolled through the forest as I stood there in silence. The chirp of birds silencing to our loud yells. "Might as well give up now, mouse." He started to walk away from me, "Come on..."

I dragged my feet through the moist leaves, leaving a trail behind me, but no reasoning behind it. This was the only time in my life I wanted to end everything. All I thought was: Is it even worth it? No, of course it isn't, but I was too much of a coward to do anything about it.

"When we get home, I already have your little friend, so you don't have to worry about me leaving you again," he turned his head back, letting me get a view of his eyes. My chest shivered, as multiple chills ran down through my back.

"Home?" I questioned, the name coming off of my tongue in a bitter way. That place is the farthest thing from home to me.

He sighed loudly, trying to show he was frustrated. "Yes, home, mouse. I don't know what else it would be to you..." Hell.

The worn down house came in view, the butterflies swarming in my stomach becoming worse. My ears perked up to the loud birds chirping in the air, reminding me that there are other people in the world. Some may be sleeping right now, eating, kissing the person they love or trapped, like me... It was a small relief knowing I'm not the only one.

"You know what I was thinking, mouse?" he laughed slightly at his own thoughts, "We should name our first baby girl after my mother. Yeah, that sounds good, right?" my chest clenched, not allowing air to passage through correctly. Is he going to force me to have children with him?

"Th-that sounds nice, actually..." I chuckled over my painful lie, satisfying him. I've been told if you just do as your parents say, they'll have no right in punishing you. Why not do the same for him?

The molded floorboards bent underneath our footsteps as we entered the horrifying house. He took a deep breath, leaning his head back, "Ah... Home, sweet, home," he deeply said.

The thick door slammed behind me, causing the lump in my throat to rise higher. "Are you hungry?"

"Uh, yes... please." Why is he being nice?

"Mm, I can make you a sandwich, okay?" he wrapped his fingers underneath his mask, lifting it up as his long hair rose with it.

He placed the mask on the counter, as I got a view of his face. The way his hair hung on his shoulders, his left eye smaller than the other one from laziness, his eye color a calm color, the way his jawline showed clearly through his skin perfectly- "You can go sit on the couch now."

The ripped leather couch sunk under my touch, the layering of sand rubbing against my body. Didn't he say he found Tatum? Where is she?

He startled me as he placed the glass plate in front of me on the table, clinking together against the surface. The appetizing sandwich laying on the perfect looking plate made my stomach feel loose, the feeling it was about to growl. "Thank you..."

"Welcome," he gave me a crooked smile. "I'm going to go change, stay here," he turned away, quickly pacing up the stairs.

The bread was soft against my fingertips, letting them sink slightly into the sandwich. It felt foreign against my tongue, the flavor hitting the top of my mouth. The crumbs taunted me, reminding me that I had already reached the end of the sandwich.

I sat there silently, my leg bouncing in an unset pattern. It quickly stopped when I heard whispering whimpers come from behind me. I listened closely, waiting for it to happen again. It was coming from downstairs...

My quivering hand wrapped around the chipped knob, it screeching as I slowly turned it. I could see the steps from the dim light, allowing me to take the steps down into the small room. "Snake...?" I whispered, not knowing who was down here.

The further I got down the steps, the louder the whimpers became. My head became light headed, as my trembling hand covered my mouth, halting my screech of terror.

She laid there... choking on her own blood, the glass from the broken vase dripping with the thick liquid, laying innocently in her hand. Her eyes wide, as her throat dripped with blood. Her whimpers being the only thing she could do. "T-Tatum..."

_____

I hate this chapter. Nope, never want to look at it again.