31. I'm Here to Piss You Off

You know how they say dance like no one's watching? Well, I dance like the whole world is watching. And I'm loving every second of it, I might add.

"Stop it." Mason says firmly, terror clear in his eyes. I grin at him, making my motions even more dramatic.

"Never!" I swing my limbs around like a maniac, almost to the beat of the song if I do say so myself. Let me explain. A Panic! At the Disco song just happened to start playing on my playlist. What can I say? There is absolutely no way you can resist pretending to be Brendon Urie in a top hat, with a seductive gleam to his eyes when this song comes on.

Weird? A little.

He's trying so hard to mask the laughter brimming in his glare. Arms crossed, expression of disgust.

Yep. Totally into it.

"Wrecking this evening already and -"

"You sure are."

"Loving every minute of it." I croon, completely off tune. I try to push the dresser positioned in the centre of my room to the corner I want it, pausing my awesome moves for a moment as the music blasts. It's so much heavier than I could have dreamed and I naturally move in negative inches in the direction I was planning.

I try to cover it up with some smooth shoulder shrugging, "I'm a diva!" I shriek along with the lyrics, and this really pushes Mason over the edge. He can keep a straight face for my dance moves, my singing and failure to complete simple tasks, but not all simultaneously. He bends over, almost in tears with laughter.

I don't mind, nothing can distract me now. I'll give it to him, he held his composure for a decent minute or two before blowing it. I'm still completing my well-rehearsed routine of something a little less organised than the Harlem Shakes when he glances up again to catch his breath.

By the looks of it, he can't even look at me as the track ends with a 'punch!' (you really wouldn't understand unless you know exactly the song I'm talking about). As soon as it happens, I also collapse on the floorboard, completely out of breath. It's hard being Brendon Urie for four minutes.

By this time, Mason is attempting deep inhales, clutching his stomach. One glimpse at me on the floor a few feet from him and we both erupt once again with crippling laughter.

I don't even notice when he composes himself, still so lost in amongst my own gasps of air and snorts of giggles. There are some serious waterworks happening when I notice him staring at me like a deer in the headlights.

Perhaps a more appropriate description would be a scientist who has discovered a new kind of festering mould. Intrigued but also a little disgruntled.

I test his previous method, sucking in slow buckets of air to calm myself. I think I've worked up a sweat when I feel bright blue eyes still boring into me. My head snaps up from between my knees and I catch his gaze for a split second before he pretends to be extremely interested in my bedside table.