15. Christmas at the Football Stadium

She's making me wear a dress

She's making me wear a dress. A dress to a high school football game. Isn't this meant to be casual?

Katherine shuffles into my bathroom to change into the outfit she picked up from her house, trying not to look too disgruntled by the dust and bland lack of décor, while I stare in revulsion at the piece of trash laid out in front of me. I really don't want to wear a dress. Sure, the dress might be cute and considerably modest, but it's still a dress.

Okay, I might be overreacting, but guess what time of the month it is? Yup! You hit the nail on the head, and I may be very hormonal at the moment, even exaggerating a little, but mark my words: I will die if I have to wear a dress. My lower back wants to be held by sweats.

"Put it on!" She's been trying to persuade me since she got here.

"No!" I stomp my foot on the floorboards. Funny how your mood can change from calm and collected to literally out of your mind in the span of a day because of one little factor. I hate being female.

I hear Katherine groan from behind the closed door as she does her makeup, before repeating herself, more assertive. "Put. It. On."

I shake my head in disbelief at the dress, even though the blonde obviously can't see me. "Tori!" She warns.

"Oh, for Christ's sake, just put the damn thing on!" A familiar gruff voice barks from my right. My head swings around, but there's no one here. What the...?

There, perched on his bedroom window is an agitated Mason, glaring at me incredulously.

"Who is that?" Katherine shrieks, but I ignore her, placing a hand on my hip at the boy playing eaves dropper.

This isn't even unsettling, just a little annoying. Sometimes, I do see Mason walking around his room, especially at night, and it's become quite common for him to make snide remarks every once and a while if I'm 'disrupting his peace'.

"Mind your own business, Mason." I snap, leaning down to inspect the dress further. It really is a nice dress – simple. It's long sleaved with a v-neck, with the cotton sprouting out at the waist down to my knees. Plus, I've been told that mauve is my colour. My train of thought is interrupted by a certain moron next door.

"Mind your volume, Aspen." He retorts in a snarky tone. My God, this guy is a sassy biatch. I roll my eyes at him.

"Why is Mason Donovan here?" Again, Kat calls, but we ignore her, continuing our stare down. He backs down first, rolling his baby blue eyes in exasperation. I smile in a positively mocking manner before poking out my tongue at the pest. God, he's irritating.

I have to deal with him in the cafeteria and in my bedroom, now? Not fair.

I refuse to make eye contact with him again as I close my makeshift curtains (they're bedsheets) to get changed. I refuse to get undressed while Peeping Tom over here is in my direct line of vision.