Chapter 13

AT LUNCH

~Niall'sPOV

Were in the middle of our lunch at our favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. Me and Jan sit across from each other and Lily and Harry across from each other with Lily and Jan sitting by each other.

"So Lily, how come you've been doing all this nice stuff for us all lately?"
"Like what?"
"Like the breakfast and the park and stuff like that."
She looks down at the table. "Well, I uh, I just want to do nice things for you guys."
"Whats the matter with her?" I whisper into Harry's ear.
"She'll be fine. Don't worry." he whispers back.

~Jan'sPOV

--10mins later----

I can feel Haz and Lily playing footsies and Lily is giggling but suddenly, she stops when girls come up to our table.

"Um, can you guys sign this please?" One of the girls says handing a paper to Niall.
They both sign the paper and hand it back. Then, "Can I ask Harry a question?" the other girl says.
"Sure love. Go right ahead."
"Why are you dating Lily?" Lily's face turns into one of the saddest faces I've ever seen. "I mean, you're 19 and she's what 13? 14? And seriously, she's not pretty enough for you." The girl says all that AND she even KNEW Lily was right there. 
I look over to Lily and see tears starting to roll down her face. Then I look at Harry and he looks like he's getting pretty mad. 

~Lily'sPOV

How could she say that!? How could she say that when I'm right here!? I just couldn't take it! Tears running down my face, I charge out of the restaurant, onto the steps out front.

~Jan'sPOV

"Lily! Wait!" I say chasing after her. 
I can't believe what those girls do to her.

When I get outside, I see Lily crying her eyes out on the steps.

"Lily? Are you alright?" I sit down beside her.
"No!"She cries even more. "Jut leave me alone."
"Lily, please just listen to me for one minute."
"Fine."

"Look, it doesn't matter what age you are, all that matter is that you and Harry love each-other." 
"Apparently it does matter! I can't love anyone that I want to anymore! Now just please! Leave me alone." She trails off. 
I leave her alone and go back inside.

~Harry'sPOV

---Meanwhile-----

I wanted to run after Lily but Jannice was already on that. So instead, I have a talk with these girls, trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Okay look. Yes she is 13 but I honestly don't see why that matters. All that matters is that I love her and she loves me. Okay?" I try to keep calm even though I really wanna punch a wall and comfort my girlfriend. "And, she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I grab my jacket. "And if you can't deal with me and Lily dating, that's to bad because I love her more than anything."

I see Jannice come back in.

"She's pretty upset. She hardly let me talk." She sits down. I can tell she feels bad for Lily.
I turn to Niall. "I'm gonna go check on Lily. You stay here with Jan."

I head outside to see Lily sitting on the steps crying her eyes out.

I go up behind her and put my jacket over her back.

"Jannice! I told you to leave me alone!" She snaps.
"Its me, Babe."
"Oh, Harry! I'm sorry. I-I didn't know." She wipes away her tears.
"Its alright, Lily. Can we talk?"
"Um, yeah. Sure."
I sit down beside and I interlock my fingers into hers.
"Babe, listen to me. It doesn't matter what those girls said. Yes, I'm 19 and you're 13 but that does not matter. All that matter is that I love you and you love me. You do love me don't you?" I wipe away the tears on her cheeks.
"f course I do! More than anything!" Her bright blue eyes get big.
"Then it doesn't matter! Plus you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" I  giggle alittle.
She gives me a hug and buries her face in my neck.
"Thank you Harry. For always being there for me."
"Its my pleasure." I hold her like my life depends on it. "I don't like to see you hurting."  
She gives me a kiss on the cheek and I give her a kiss back. I pull her up off the ground and we head back inside.

~Niall'sPOV

"Niall?"
"Yes, Jan?" I look up at her.
'You promise to always protect me don't you?"
"Of course I do! I would never let anyone or anything hurt you no matter what." I give her a kiss on the cheek and she blushes. 
I see Lily and Harry walk in. 

"Lily! Are you alright now!?" Jannice kinda screams.
"Y-yeah. I'm fine.  Sorry I screamed at you." She says sweetly to Jan,
"Its alright. I understand you were upset." She gives Lily a hug.

"I think we should go home." I say looking at Lily then to Harry.
"Yeah, you're right Niall. Lets go."
Harry puts Lily on his back and I put Jan on mine and we head back home.