ㅤㅤ⁰⁰⁶ : who are you?

Magsimula sa umpisa

Hanae's face filled with worry, and she stood silent. Whenever Hideo couldn't make ends meet she would often lend him money to help him out.

The girl smiled, almost as if she knew she'd hit a nerve

"That doesn't prove anything." Hanae said quickly, she'd been with Hideo for two years now and this random woman wanted to tell her that he was married the entire time?

Bullshit.

The woman let out a dry laugh, before reaching into her bag and slamming a folder onto Akise's chest.

"I didn't think he was actually telling me the truth when he said that you had no idea I existed. But I guess I should've known–with how good of a liar he is. He came back home days ago. I told him if he ever saw you again, I'd leave him, and now I'm telling you to stay away from my family."

"Get out of my house right now!" Hanae yelled trying to get as close to the woman as she could, but her brother held her back with his free arm.

"Leave," Akise practically snarled at the woman and she let out one last frustrated breath before slamming the door behind her.

Hanae could feel her heart start to beat faster as she yanked the folder out of her brother's hands and began flipping through it, in it, she found a marriage certificate, pictures of that woman and her fiance together, as well as pictures of him holding a small child, with a birth certificate claiming the child's name was Jun Nanako.

Hanae could feel the world begin to blur, and her breath begin to falter

What was going on?

Where was Hideo?

She could somehow make out her brother's voice in the background, but it wasn't enough to pull her back into reality. She was getting lost in her thoughts again, all she could hear was her heartbeat getting louder and louder in her head, as the tears began to fall.

The love of her life had been lying to her for years.

Akise Sasaki stared down as his sister in shambles on the floor. He let her have her pity party on the floor for a solid six minutes before realizing his father might over-hear and he decided to throw her over his shoulder and take the sobbing mess up to her room.

When he finally closed her bedroom door behind him, his mother came up to him with a look on her face that Akise couldn't quite pin down.

He looked over his shoulder before pulling his mom away from the door, "Umm... good news, I guess mom? Turns out Hanae's boyfriend was already married, so we don't have to worry about that problem anymore."

His mother let out a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness it worked."

Akise's eyes went wide.

"What? You thought this problem was going to fix itself? I hired the girl." She said coldly.

"Mom, what the fuck are you going to do when the boyfriend comes back?"

Mitsuri smiled, "I told you I was going to take care of things. I had a talk with General Swann–you remember your dad's friend–he owed us a favor... and let's just say Hideo Nanako won't be an issue anymore."

Kyoya wasn't the biggest fan of charity events

Kyoya wasn't the biggest fan of charity events. After all, they were rarely held to actually help the causes they claimed to be benefitting. Usually, they were just held as an excuse for people like him to throw away their money and show off how wealthy they were, but considering it was Tamaki who was hosting the event, Kyoya made an exception.

The fundraiser was long and dreary, and after a guest pulled Haruhi away from him he was ready to head out, but that was until he locked eyes with the most detestable person in the room.

Kyoya scowled once he saw his oldest brother begin to walk towards him, his wife, Takara silently following behind him. He set his glass of champagne down on the table and braced himself for the irritating conversation he was sure to have.

"Kyoya," Yuichi said calmly, a smirk plastered on his face, as if he wasn't the reason half of Ootori Medical's shareholders were suddenly pinned against Kyoya.

Kyoya nodded stiffly. "I didn't think I'd see you here tonight, Yuichi. Especially considering how busy you must be."

"Yes, being the deputy prime minister, sure has its perks, but it does end up taking up most of my schedule."

"I meant how busy you must be screwing up my life, but we can go with that too." Kyoya's voice didn't waver for even an instant, and although Yuichi didn't flinch, his wife instantly tensed up behind him.

"I'm sorry if you think I had anything to do with the board's decision to try and remove a kid out of the CEO position, but I can assure you that I had no input on that, little brother."

Kyoya tilted his head to the side and took a step towards Yuichi so that no one around them would hear his words.

"You'll get your hands on the company, the day I'm under the ground."

His brother's lips formed a tight line as he looked over at Kyoya's heated gaze.

"Go to hell, Kyoya." He muttered shouldering past him without another word, but before she slid past him Takara gave him an apologetic look, and Kyoya nodded at her before they disappeared into the crowd.

His brother was a ruthless businessman and now he was Japan's Deputy Prime Minister, and Kyoya knew he should avoid him at all cost... but if he was pissing such an important man off, surely he had to be doing something right.