Chapter 18

Spring training was finally here.

Aaron, Marcus, Ryan and I all flew out to Florida earlier to spend some time with Marcus' mom. We were all so excited for the season to start. Marcus especially after last season.

Aaron and Marcus have been working really hard the whole off season. Aaron completely changed his body and I was happy that he was happy he could do that.

We all showed up at the field and there weren't a lot of players here.

Gibby finally walked out. He didn't look like he was going to say anything good.

"Clearly were missing a few players. They weren't able to join us due to injures. MLB is aware of this so the last few weeks we have been talking about what we should do. Someone gave them a suggestion which prolonged the process but a few days ago, they got back to the staff and I. Our final decision is to have Alison play for us in spring training."

I was in complete shock when Gibby said that. All the guys were clapping and cheering.

"A lot of us know she's able to do this but MLB doesn't so they are only letting her play in spring training. Who knows, things might change later."

I thanked all the staff, especially Mark and Ross.

"Could I pull you over for a second?" Mark said to me when I was talking to some of the guys.

"Yeah." I followed him away from the team.

"I know you and Aaron are together, but I want to make sure you two will keep in professional with the season coming up. Now that you're going to be playing in spring training, it's important you two keep it professional especially during the regular whether or not you're playing or just working as a staff. Whatever you two do off the field is fine, that's no one's business."

"Mark, I completely understand. Aaron and I have already talked about it. I promise you we will keep it very professional."

"Good. Now go join the team."

I jogged back to the team. All the guys were still congratulating me. It was so nice to have such a supportive group of people.

Most of what we did today was placing me into a position that would work for everyone. I was okay with any place on the field, I've played pretty much every position when I was younger. I just knew I had to work a lot harder since I haven't played in a while.

I introduced myself to all the rookies. They were all pretty surprised about having a girl on the team but it didn't stop any of us from getting to know each other.

Aaron was trying to work his way as one of the starting pitchers. That was his goal since last season. After being put back into the bullpen, he never stopped working to get a second chance as a starter.

Out of nowhere Ryan showed up with a bag.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You stuff."

"No way, really?"

"Yeah Marcus and his mom keep a few of your things at the house just in case."

"Thank you Ry." I said hugging him.

I was going to use Marcus' extra glove but Ryan always saved the day.

After practice, Adlin had dinner already made for all of us.

"Hey mom, Alison has something she wants to tell you."