Chapter 9

It's a Friday and the boys were starting a series against the Athletics. Josh's former team.

It was always interesting watching someone from the team playing against their former team.

Everyone was warming up for the game. I was helping some of the guys stretch.

I helped the team a lot, although it wasn't something I wanted to do, it was better than not doing anything. Plus it was the closest thing I would get to in the MLB.

After their stretch, I threw some pitches. Something I learned from Marcus growing up.

During warmups, I'm always in the zone, focusing on doing my best to get the guys ready for the game.

The anthems were sung and the boys made their way onto the field. The crowd was crazy.

Marco was starting. He hasn't had the best start to the season but right now he was all the Jays ever wanted. He is definitely a changed person.

First pitch. A strike.

At least the game was off to a good start.

Something must have happened to Marco because he was pitching so well. He threw a lot more strikes than he normally did.

The A's on the other hand were doing well this game too. After a few innings the score was still 0-0.

It felt like the game went on forever. Kevin was on base and I watched Jose at bat, everything froze in that moment.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed, the ball carried over the stadium, behind the wall. "Finally!"

After that, everything in the game started going faster, people started getting more hits and runs.

We ended up winning 6-4.

"How's the arm?" I asked Edwin once we entered the clubhouse.

"It's okay." He responded.

"Are you sure? I don't want you playing if you're not 100% sure."

"Yes, I'm good."

"Okay, but I'm stretching you out tomorrow." I said sternly. He let out a smile.

Aaron and I headed back to his place. Ever since I moved in, we've been talking a lot more. My little 'crush' on him from months ago kind of died. I mean since I dated Thomas, things changed.

I FaceTimed Marcus and told him about Thomas moving. He was super supportive of me on my decision as was everyone else.

"Where Ry?"

"He went to pick up Trev at a friend's house. Should be home in a few minutes."

"How's rehab going?"

"So good. I haven't felt this good in a long time. We're all really pushing to come back this season."

"I'm sure you will. You're Marcus Stroman." I laughed.

"Where's Aaron?" He asked.

"Taking a shower."

"Okay never mind then." He said and I laughed.

Marcus and I talked for a while until Ryan got back and Aaron was out of the shower. I never would have thought my best friends were going to be only guys.