Chapter 16

Aaron and I have been spending a lot of time together in New York. We spent all those times getting to know each other a lot. I never got tired of it.

The five of us sat at the airport waiting for them to call us to the gate.

I've met Aaron's parents before but just as a friend. Now I'm going to meet them at his girlfriend and I was more nervous than ever.

First we landed in LAX where Mike picked us up.

"It's been a while." I said once I saw him.

"A little too long." He said, embracing me in a hug.

We put all of our stuff in the trunk and Mike drove us back to his place. Only Aaron and I weren't staying. At least not for the next little while.

Aaron and I hung out for a little bit before we had to drive to his hometown, where his parents still live. It was a two hour drive and I was already so tired.

"I was going to get you a rental, but just take my car." Mike said tossing me the key.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, it saves you the rental money and you don't have to worry about getting it back so fast."

"Thanks Mike." I smiled.

"Anytime."

Aaron and I put everything in the trunk of the other car. I drove the way there as Aaron would drive on the way back.

We pulled up to his house and it was pretty late so we just quietly snuck everything into the house and went straight to bed.

---

I called Marcus once I woke up.

"Sorry, it was late and we were tired."

"It's okay. At least you're safe. Have fun there okay?"

"I will." We both said bye and hung up.

Aaron walked back into the room.

"Good morning." He said giving me a kiss.

"Morning." I smiled at him and embraced him in a hug.

"My parents are at work and they aren't coming home until later. So we have a lot of time to hang out."

"Okay." I said.

"I'll show you around town. Where it all started."

I honestly couldn't wait until he showed me around his hometown. Everyone knew Aaron, he's the only player from his town in the MLB. He started telling me how they have a special day named after him. Which is cool.

It's a small town and there wasn't much to do so Aaron and I just spent some good quality time together around the town.

Before Aaron's parents were back from work, we went back to his house to clean up his room before his mom said something.

"Alison!" His mom called out.

"Hi." I smiled and gave her a hug.

"It's good to see you Alison." His dad said reaching his arms out for a hug.

"It's good to see you too." I said.

Aaron looked at me and I nodded.

"Mom, dad, we need to talk."

"Uh oh, this can't be good." Mike said.

"It's not, it's good news. I think." I didn't know how they would take it.