Chapter 7

Waking up that morning was probably one of my worse.

I sat on the couch. I couldn't move after I got off the phone.

I started crying. I thought I did so well yesterday but they just couldn't get over the fact that I was a girl and girls weren't allowed.

"Ry, can we going to your house? Before you leave for Durham."

"Of course." Joe hadn't said anything. I frankly hadn't even seen him all morning.

"Hey Trevor." I said when he opened the door. Trevor is Ryan's younger brother. Trevor is like the younger brother everyone wish they had. He was really tall for his age too.

I walked downstairs and threw myself on the couch.

"You know you'll be fine." Trevor said sitting at the end of the couch.

"I don't know Trev. I turned down the internship to play baseball and now I don't have anything to do."

"Hey, remember, call the team. Maybe they can work something out for you. It's safe to assume that option is still on the table." Ryan said and handed me my phone.

He was completely right, but if I were to go to Toronto I wouldn't be playing, I'd just be helping around the club. I guess I would have to wait until a new season started.

I waited a while before I called. I'm pretty sure they guys had practice right now and I didn't want to bother them.

"Hello?" It was Russell.

"Hey Russell, it's Alison."

"Oh hey! How are you?"

"I could be better. Yourself?"

"Aw, that's not good. I'm not doing bad. What's up?"

"Is Gibby there?"

"He just stepped out a while ago, should be back soon. Just hold on and let me find him." I waited, hoping he was available. "Okay I'm going to send you to his office."

"Thanks Russell."

"No problem. And we all miss you here."

"I miss you guys too." And the phone beeped.

Gibby finally picked up after three beeps.

"Alison?"

"Hi."

"What can I help you with?"

"Well..." I went on telling him about me giving up the internship and trying out for a boys baseball league.

"If I do remember right, I said you can come down here whenever you wanted if nothing works out for you in New York."

"You did. And I think I might take you up on that offer."

"I'll get you a ticket right now. If of course you're available."

"Don't worry about it, I can pay for my phone flight."

"No, we've got it covered. Don't even bother with it."

I just gave in because I knew the argument would go nowhere. "Seriously Gibby, thank you for everything. Tell Alex I said thank you too."