Orange- davesprite x reader

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SO MANY READS JEEZ I've been writing cheery stuff but this will be sad so buckle up bebes. Trigger warning- #mention of suicide, #family death

Orange. It was a color you never really liked all that much. Yet you were always told that it looked best on you. It seemed almost ironic that you didn't like the color that suited your eyes and skin. Bad things tend to happen to you with the color orange, over and over again.

The car that crashed into the one your parents were in, ultimately offing them? Orange. The handful of pills your best friend who had always been by your side took? Orange.

And the color of the person who shattered the last fragile piece of glass that remained of your heart?

Orange.

It's like he just forgot the tender kisses you shared. The times when you would laugh at him and he'd act mad? The times when you would tease him over his adorably idiotic and ironic ordeal? The time when he saved your life, and when you saved his? How? These memories seemed so important to you. Like they made up life itself. And he just forgot them?

The love of your life. You didn't know what to call him, really. He was a mixture between a bird that had been stabbed and a future version of your friend Dave. It was kind of confusing, honestly. Still, you had been there for him. No one else was there when he got all that gum stuck in his feathers. You were. No one else was there to comfort him when the tears broke over the dam of his cool guy facade. You were. No one else would hold him when he had to show some emotion. You would. You were always there, when he needed you and when he didn't. So, how could he just leave that easily?

Just thinking about him made your heart flutter. Thinking about how he was gone made it stop. He was so gentle, absolutely one of the kindest people you'd ever known. Something about him could calm you down in an instant, or just as easily send you into a panicked frenzy. That smirk of his could find the one chink in your armor in a matter of seconds, and lodge its self into your heart.

You just didn't understand.

You weren't sure you wanted to either.

Big, wet tears rolled down your cheeks as you thought of him. The pitter patter of them hitting the ground sounded almost like rain, mixing smoothly with the gentle sobs wracking your body. You missed him. It hurt, and you just couldn't help it. He left so suddenly, there one second and gone the next. You kneeled on the ground, the tears going faster. The birds chirped around you, and you couldn't help but wonder how they could seem so happy, at such a sad time.

You were alone. He was gone, and wouldn't be coming back. Everyone else left a while ago.
The soil stained your long, silken black dress.
You sat, burdened with the thought of him. Then you wonder,what were his last thoughts?

You sat at his grave, freshly moved dirt covering him. His grave stone was a fresh granite, and you gently touched your forehead to it, still crying. How could he leave without a goodbye?  You felt a hand rest on your shoulder, and turned to see Dave. His cheeks were stained, as if he had been crying when no one was looking. You quietly nodded at him, not trusting your own words.  You turned one last time toward the grave, setting down the orange rose you had been gripping upon the ground before the stone. You nodded again to Dave, and remorsefully walked away.

"Goodbye, my orange soldier."

PLOT TWIST MATE YOU WERENT EXPECTING THAT WERE YOU MWAHAHA. Also, remember to request!
Thank you for reading!!